Test Post Section

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

de03x7

Could it be possible to add a section to test post in and keep clutter out of other sections. I see a lot of threads that have 4-5 posts in a row trying to post pictures. If there were a test area you could work it out there before putting it in with other posts. I just thought of this as I wanted to see if I could post a drawing that I have on Word and don't want to start a thread referring to something that didn't post.

Of course I tried it here and couldn't get it to post. It just left a space where the picture should be. Can anybody tell me how to get it to show up? You may need to type real slow and use little words so I can understand it because I don't know much about these computers.
emotion-10.gif

OP
OP
D

de03x7

And what is up with the tiny text? I guess I will play around and figure it out. Maybe I'm on to something here.
emotion-1.gif
By George I think I got this.
emotion-14.gif

mahans7

And what is up with the tiny text? I guess I will play around and figure it out. Maybe I'm on to something here. By George I think I got this.
Sorry about the clutter, its is I who keeps trying to post pictures with google chrome. Not sure how the text came out so tiny but it looks like you've got that fixed. This is a better way to post pictures(quoting Skidroe from earlier today):

"Check in the user questions section, there is a post there that explains it. A few pointers: 1) Using IE gives the best results, 2) Go to your profile page and put a check mark in the lowest most check box to enable the HTML editor setting, 3) Your pictures need to be hosted at a third party photo sharing website, like Photobucket. HTH -"

OP
OP
D

de03x7

Sorry about the clutter, its is I who keeps trying to post pictures with google chrome. Not sure how the text came out so tiny but it looks like you've got that fixed. This is a better way to post pictures(quoting Skidroe from earlier today):

"Check in the user questions section, there is a post there that explains it. A few pointers: 1) Using IE gives the best results, 2) Go to your profile page and put a check mark in the lowest most check box to enable the HTML editor setting, 3) Your pictures need to be hosted at a third party photo sharing website, like Photobucket. HTH -"
I wasn't trying to bust on any one person. It happens a lot when anyone first tries posting a picture. After several tries most figure it out but the thread then has 5-6 posts that have nothing there but trying again.
This site has been a wealth of information and I really don't want this to be a complaint. I just thought that if there were a place to test post it could be figured out there, where one would expect to see empty posts, before it was put into an active thread.
Thanks for the pointers on posting a picture. I will play around with it in the next couple days and see if I can figure it out.

jerry

I wasn't trying to bust on any one person. It happens a lot when anyone first tries posting a picture. After several tries most figure it out but the thread then has 5-6 posts that have nothing there but trying again.
This site has been a wealth of information and I really don't want this to be a complaint. I just thought that if there were a place to test post it could be figured out there, where one would expect to see empty posts, before it was put into an active thread.
Thanks for the pointers on posting a picture. I will play around with it in the next couple days and see if I can figure it out.
Just trying this out
15r1rwo.jpg

jerry

Sweet, would love one of those some day. Don't know what I would do with it... LoL
Actually SR the machine was a rental a couple years ago, just was trying out the picture posting thing. It's surprising what you can do with that little digger though.

Latest posts