Takeuchi TL8 won’t start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

timthetoolman

ok, so this is going to be a long thread to explain everything: basically after starting and using my 2016 Takeuchi TL8 with no issues and shutting it off, when i would go back to start it after say 2 to 24 hrs had elapsed, it wouldn't start. If I waited a certain period of time, say another 24hrs, when I would go back it would fire right up. This cycle repeated itself for about 2-3 weeks. Luckily, I never "had" to have it running and I was able to work around the issue by waiting a day. Finally, one day, after loading some logs, taking them to mill, then coming back to load a 2nd load, it wouldn't start, but I "had" to get the logs loaded and delivered so I reached out to a buddy who owns multiple skid steers and he told me it sounded like a fuel line blockage and to bump the line with compressed air. I disconnected the fuel line from the tank right before it enters the water separator and bumped it till I heard some gurgling in the tank and sure enough, after connecting it back up it fired right up! Problem solved right? It must be a fuel line blockage....I probably just need to change the two fuel filters, maybe use some fuel conditioner, everything's gonna be all good right? So after the air bump started it, I used it for a few hours, shut it down, then when I went back to it it wouldn't start, so I was thinking that was a great time to tackle the fuel filter issue. After changing both filters, I turn the key, and it starts right up! problem solved!? no! I turn it off, go back 2 hrs later and it won't start! This time I decide to do some detective work. I disconnect the fuel line after the main fuel filter and turn the key, the diesel flows no problem! so it's not a fuel blockage after all? now I am totally mystified as to why it won't start. Any ideas anyone?