Takeuchi tl150 flat face couplings

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ffchewy17

Looking for any advice on how to relieve the pressure in the aux hydraulics . I'm unable to connect a new root grapple with 1/2 Parker flat face couplers to the flat face couplers on the machine. Too much pressure in the system to get the couplings on. Any advice on how to relieve it internally.

Thank you

cdmccul

Take as look at this... You may be able to adapt a clamp in a similar manner, not trying to sell you this system.

Just an idea. I've seen guys take a spare coupler and a hammer before too. Just have to make it pop a little pressure, doesn't have to completely install.

You could make a tool with a ball valve attached to a coupler. Close the valve, and pop the coupler on with a hammer. Then remove it, and open the valve to drain the collected fluid to use the tool next time.

Just be careful with fluid under pressure. I wouldn't ever try to attach with the hydraulic pump ruining, of course. And never try to find a hydraulic leak with your hand... The high pressure oil spraying out will cut into your skin like a water jet cutter, and causes sometimes fatal injury.

foton

I do not have a machine like yours but , I think it is kinda universal on newer machines that you turn on your key on (engine off) probably do the lap bar or seat belt and unlock the brake and roll the remotes both ways to open them and release pressure on the non-running system. also on whatever attachment, I have gotten in the habit of linking the hose ends together when removed ,it keeps pressure even while sitting unused and ends clean.

bullrake

I always struggled with the couplings on my Bobcat 763, even when relieving the pressure by rotating the key to the "left" of off. Often struggled snapping and unsnapping attachment ends from each other as well. I bought the tool that cdmccul suggested and haven't had a problem since. I smile every time I use this thing remembering how much I used to struggle. :)

Tango-Charlie

I too used to struggle with connecting various hydraulic lines. I saw that hydraulic hose clamp on I think Youtube and was wondering if it would work. I took the risk and wouldn't be without it as it does work slick. When I purchased mine I purchased both sizes and the various sized heads too so I could use it on any size hose. Now I even use it on my salter sander hoses too. I'm not affiliated with them in any way it's just my humble opinion to eliminate the frustrations.

Azhayseed

I had Problems connecting my attachment until I figured out to make sure the grapple or whatever has the pressure completely relived as in the jaws closed but no pressure holding it closed. This keeps the pressure off the attachment side.
Once I learned this, I also turn on the key, lap bar down, cycle the remotes both ways with out the engine running this relieves any pressure on the tractor side.