Takeuchi TL130 Track Loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

arbor pro

New to this forum so hello everyone. I just traded some of my tree service equipment for a 2005 Takeuchi TL130 Track Loader with 605 hrs on it. I've been wanting a big skid steer for my business and this seemed like a good trade. Problem is, while the loader is awesome when it can get traction, it is not so awesome on ice and packed snow which I have a lot of in SD. Tracks are about 60% so I don't think that's the problem - I think it just has too low of ground pressure for use on hard snow and ice. Is this a fair assessment or is something wrong? If I can't get better traction on snow/ice, I am going to sell it for a wheeled machine. I hate to do it since it is by far the most 'decked-out' and nicest loader I have ever owned but I need better traction on ice/snow. If I end up selling, do you think I can get $27,500 out of it based on the hours and avg/good condition? That is about what I have into it in terms of traded equipment. I dont' see how to attach photos or I would. thanks, scott

skidsteer.ca

To upload pics, host them online (ie photobuck) then copy and paste the picture (not a link to it) in the typing/ text window here. More info under the FAQ section of this forum.
As for traction that is common on the track loaders. There are snow tread tracks available for some and the bar tread pattern like McLarens next gen TDF tracks http://mclarenusa.com/track-loader-tracks/nextgen-tdf-series.html suposed to be better in snow and ride better on hard pack. The other option would be to use screw in carbide studs and take them back out in the spring.
Ken

OP
OP
A

arbor pro

To upload pics, host them online (ie photobuck) then copy and paste the picture (not a link to it) in the typing/ text window here. More info under the FAQ section of this forum.
As for traction that is common on the track loaders. There are snow tread tracks available for some and the bar tread pattern like McLarens next gen TDF tracks http://mclarenusa.com/track-loader-tracks/nextgen-tdf-series.html suposed to be better in snow and ride better on hard pack. The other option would be to use screw in carbide studs and take them back out in the spring.
Ken
Thanks for your help, Ken. Decided to just sell it and get a smaller wheeled machine. This Takeuchi is really overkill for my needs anyways. BTW- here is a link to an add I recently placed for it with photos...
http://www.farmcountrytrader.com/Ad/For-Sale.cfm/10454941/2005-Takeuchi-TL130/Aberdeen-SD/. scott

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for your help, Ken. Decided to just sell it and get a smaller wheeled machine. This Takeuchi is really overkill for my needs anyways. BTW- here is a link to an add I recently placed for it with photos...
http://www.farmcountrytrader.com/Ad/For-Sale.cfm/10454941/2005-Takeuchi-TL130/Aberdeen-SD/. scott
Don't supose it is hi flow?
How about power quick attach?
Ken

Fishfiles

Scott I'm always looking for machines, its a sickness I have :) as for price not sure on them thats low hours with AC. Check www.machinerytrader.com for like units.
I keep thinking about a track loader for landscaping but I want hi flow for stump grinding. A hard to find option.
Ken
Hey Ken at one time no Takeuchi's came with hi-flow and I think it is still that way but I had heard that they were talking about it , there is a guy in Florida that sells kits to add hi-flow to them

OP
OP
A

arbor pro

Scott I'm always looking for machines, its a sickness I have :) as for price not sure on them thats low hours with AC. Check www.machinerytrader.com for like units.
I keep thinking about a track loader for landscaping but I want hi flow for stump grinding. A hard to find option.
Ken
I've used about every kind of stump grinder out there for my tree service and the skid steer ones are simply too slow. Convenient, yes but, frustratingly slow. Buy a used Vermeer sc252 (25hp gas) and it will outgrind a skidsteer grinder and you can pick one up used for under $5k. the convenience of having a skidsteer grinder is not worth the frustration and time lost - even with a high-flow machine - still way too slow IMO. scott

siduramaxde

I've used about every kind of stump grinder out there for my tree service and the skid steer ones are simply too slow. Convenient, yes but, frustratingly slow. Buy a used Vermeer sc252 (25hp gas) and it will outgrind a skidsteer grinder and you can pick one up used for under $5k. the convenience of having a skidsteer grinder is not worth the frustration and time lost - even with a high-flow machine - still way too slow IMO. scott
I think your machine is worth about $22,000. JMHO

skidsteer.ca

Scott
Our typical stump job is usually 1 or 2 hours of grinding, then hopefully driveway repairs, garden tilling, landscaping or some other type of skidsteer work. The stump part does simply does not justify a deditcated machine to maintain and transport.
Ken

skidsteer.ca

Scott
Our typical stump job is usually 1 or 2 hours of grinding, then hopefully driveway repairs, garden tilling, landscaping or some other type of skidsteer work. The stump part does simply does not justify a deditcated machine to maintain and transport.
Ken
Fish
I had heard that Take was coming with the option but but not sure how new or if it has still not been released. Wonder what aftermarket hi flow cost?
I'm still working on a dealership with the VTS guys but they have been slow to say the least, I was thinking that VTS would be a lower depreciation route to go compared to dedicated track loaders and was looking at a Case 440 hi flow to put a VTS on, as they seem to have the best pump specs, though finding a hi flow machine with non Case style controls is proving more dificult then I thought.
Spring is coming and soon it will be time to jump or stay put for another year. My 160 still works.

OP
OP
A

arbor pro

thanks for your input. I really need to clear $25k to break even on my trade so I suppose that will be my goal for now. Seems like the dealers in my area think that is attainable but suggested I list at $27,500.

siduramaxde

thanks for your input. I really need to clear $25k to break even on my trade so I suppose that will be my goal for now. Seems like the dealers in my area think that is attainable but suggested I list at $27,500.
I hope you get $25,000. I have been trying to sell my loader and all the prices I get are very low. Maybe it's just my area???

OP
OP
A

arbor pro

I hope you get $25,000. I have been trying to sell my loader and all the prices I get are very low. Maybe it's just my area???
what are you trying to sell and how much? I still have a lot of ads coming out this and next week for my machine so, if it is similar, I could send folks your way if you like... AP

Latest posts