Tak TL 130 bucket slowly uncurling

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jrstilly

I recently bought a 2003 TL130 sight unseen. I got a great deal on the machine. It is coming from Colorado and i am Illinois. The owner was honest with me and told me the bucket slowly uncurls. He shot a video of it and sent it to me. It un curls fairly fast. Any ideas??? I love the Tak's and wouldnt own any other machine. Hope its a easy fix.

Tazza

Staff member
Bad piston seals in the ram? or even if the nut is loose inside the cylinder it can allow oil to by-pass pretty fast and allow it to drop down.

OP
OP
J

jrstilly

Bad piston seals in the ram? or even if the nut is loose inside the cylinder it can allow oil to by-pass pretty fast and allow it to drop down.
I am thinking the same but, its wierd how both sides are creeping down together? My buddy was thinking maybe a electric over hydro problem in the controls somehow? he mentioned something about a spool?

Tazza

Staff member
I am thinking the same but, its wierd how both sides are creeping down together? My buddy was thinking maybe a electric over hydro problem in the controls somehow? he mentioned something about a spool?
Both cylinders are plumbed in paprallel, so if one leaks down, the other will too.
It is always possible its an electric/hydraulic issue too, i don't know the controls on your machine. Are they physical connections or done with pilot controls?
Stick with the simple things first, go the seals, they aren't too expensive, work up from there. At least you will know the rams are done and shouldn't need attention for quite a few years.

OP
OP
J

jrstilly

Both cylinders are plumbed in paprallel, so if one leaks down, the other will too.
It is always possible its an electric/hydraulic issue too, i don't know the controls on your machine. Are they physical connections or done with pilot controls?
Stick with the simple things first, go the seals, they aren't too expensive, work up from there. At least you will know the rams are done and shouldn't need attention for quite a few years.
Thanks for the help. I will start with the cylinders like you suggested. Makes good sense to me. I havent even seen my loader yet but it should have the standard pilot controls. I think i did good on the deal. Its a 2003 with 1920 hrs, 75 percent tracks,cab with heat and air, got a bucket and a set of forks with it. I paid 13k and have about 1 grand in shipping. I looked hard to find the right deal. I went through machinery trader for months and ended up finding this one on craigslist.

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks for the help. I will start with the cylinders like you suggested. Makes good sense to me. I havent even seen my loader yet but it should have the standard pilot controls. I think i did good on the deal. Its a 2003 with 1920 hrs, 75 percent tracks,cab with heat and air, got a bucket and a set of forks with it. I paid 13k and have about 1 grand in shipping. I looked hard to find the right deal. I went through machinery trader for months and ended up finding this one on craigslist.
That sounds like a great deal, hopefully it as simple as a leaky cylinder then you would have really cleaned up.

OP
OP
J

jrstilly

That sounds like a great deal, hopefully it as simple as a leaky cylinder then you would have really cleaned up.
Yeah...I hope so. The way the economy is i am scared to spend much more. I pour residential concrete and its almost a must to have a skidloader. I didnt want anything other than a Tak. I have ran almost everything about nothing compares, in my opinion. When i get it home and the cylinders rebuilt i will let ya know if that was the problem.