T320 won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

K-dawg

This t320 won't turn over . It ran fine back in Sept the last time it was used . Went to start and wouldn't crank , just a single metalic click from the starter when i hit the key. So I figured the battrey was low . Charged battery still the same problem . So i pulled starter and bench tested it , works fine . Re installed and tried to crank it over , same problem . I turn key on and let glowplugs cycle then turn key to start and get the same metalic click from out back . If i leave the key on and turn it back to starter it won't make any noise at all . Turn the key off and repeat and I get the single click again only once until the key is turned off . I should note that I do get the clicking of the relay under the seat everytime the key is cycled to start . The starter relay was also replaced but made no difference . To me it seems like the engine is seized but how ??? I don't know how a perfectly good engine can seize up by sitting ??/ Any thoughts or info ?????????????????

lesgawlik

Did you load test your battery? I know you charged it, but are you sure it's good? I learned this past summer that the difference between a fast turn over and start, and nothing, is only a day. Did you check electrolyte level? Horrible Fright has a load tester you can pick up for about twenty bucks when it's on sale. I would make sure the battery is good before I went any further.

Fabricator

Did you load test your battery? I know you charged it, but are you sure it's good? I learned this past summer that the difference between a fast turn over and start, and nothing, is only a day. Did you check electrolyte level? Horrible Fright has a load tester you can pick up for about twenty bucks when it's on sale. I would make sure the battery is good before I went any further.
I'll agree with les. Learned from my diesel pickup that the high compression of a diesel engine can be a go / no-go thing with batteries. It either has the juice to crank it over or it doesn't. You don't get the same sort of "can't spin it fast enough" that you can have with a gasoline engine where it just cranks over slowly. If you can't easily load test it, try running jumper cables to another vehicle. If you can start it that way, then I'd nearly guarantee you need a new battery.

7LBSSMALLIE

I'll agree with les. Learned from my diesel pickup that the high compression of a diesel engine can be a go / no-go thing with batteries. It either has the juice to crank it over or it doesn't. You don't get the same sort of "can't spin it fast enough" that you can have with a gasoline engine where it just cranks over slowly. If you can't easily load test it, try running jumper cables to another vehicle. If you can start it that way, then I'd nearly guarantee you need a new battery.
mouse house in cab, short stater ? crank good?any codes?NEED A LITTLE BIT MORE.. AS IN LOAD CKECKED BATT DID SPECIFIC GRAV TEST BATT GOOD., CHECKED GROUNDS ETC, also every time i change the oil i pull batt clean connections and check water.(do this)please,