T300 Startup Issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

tidbit

Been prowling the forum.. to find my answer.. I turn the key.. "click".. It seems from most of the posts this is a common problem and it stems from the battery, solenoid, or charging system. I pulled the battery yesterday and all the terminals were corroded (just bought the machine). I will replace what is getting a poor connection. Is it best to replace it with a "bobcat" batt.. I've had good luck with the marine batteries from diehard so i would prefer to lean that way... http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02850131000P?vName=Automotive&cName=Batteries+%26+Chargers&sName=Marine+Batteries Battery reads 12.42 volts.. But it drops fast and it seems like it's the orig from the machine (2003). It was a great deal but man this thing needs some tlc. If you have any other suggestions.. on where to start.. or what to check.. chime in please.. and do you know where i might be able to get a repair or service manual? seems like there should be an online resource for this kinda stuff... thanks

OldMachinist

There was some discussion on here awhile back about batteries but I wasn't able to find the posts. But it was stated that the batteries in skid steers are a industrial design with more internal support to withstand the extra vibrations. But I would start with cleaning the terminals and charging the old or take it to be tested.

OP
OP
T

tidbit

There was some discussion on here awhile back about batteries but I wasn't able to find the posts. But it was stated that the batteries in skid steers are a industrial design with more internal support to withstand the extra vibrations. But I would start with cleaning the terminals and charging the old or take it to be tested.
thanks for the tip.. i am just about to check it now..

OP
OP
T

tidbit

thanks for the tip.. i am just about to check it now..
well.. battery read 13.46 after charging all night.. put her back in and "click".. after i took it out it's almost below 12.. I will replace all the terminals and get the battery checked.. Thanks for the help

siduramaxde

well.. battery read 13.46 after charging all night.. put her back in and "click".. after i took it out it's almost below 12.. I will replace all the terminals and get the battery checked.. Thanks for the help
I buy lots of stuff from my local NAPA and never have problems. But, their batteries are hit and miss. I have some NAPA batteries that will not last and some the never die. As far as other maintenance, I would start with the carrier bearing oil and then check the and clean the case drain filters. Then I would change all other fluids and filters(fuel, hydro, and oil).

Latest posts