T300: Question Motor Carrier Hub oil service

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

snknby123

Hi, Newbie here. I just acquired a 2004 SJC T300 with 1250hrs. 1st thing I want to do is the motor carrier hub oil service. Question: After I drain the fluid from the Hub oil fill plug in the 6 o'clock position what is the best way to rotate the Hub to the 2->3 o'clock position to refill it? Can I just fire it up and move the track? Is that ok with no oil in the Hub? Sorry for such a newb question. thanks

flyerdan

There's a T300 book in the manual thread, the oil change procedure should be covered in it.

OP
OP
S

snknby123

There's a T300 book in the manual thread, the oil change procedure should be covered in it.
Thanks Flyerdan. I have the service manual but it only shows filling the hub while servicing the motor off the machine (on the bench). Just wondering what everyone else is doing? Moving the bearing dry doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. thanks

farmshop

Thanks Flyerdan. I have the service manual but it only shows filling the hub while servicing the motor off the machine (on the bench). Just wondering what everyone else is doing? Moving the bearing dry doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling. thanks
Just start the machine and spin it around.