T300 one track stopped turning

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kfin

A friend of mine has a T300 and it has been running fine. He ran it all morning yesterday and then pulled it on a trailer to go from one job to the next. Got to the next job, backed it off the trailer and then the left track quit turning totally when he tried to go forward. Parking brake is off, he did have it on when trailering it. Any thoughts for this sudden dilemna? Keith

Tazza

Staff member
I don't know if they have a reduction box on the drive motor or not, but they can fail and lock the motor up. If not, it could be the bearings too. Checking the case drain filters is a good start, look for metal particles that are a sign of bearing failure.
I'm not sure how the park brake works on these too, it could be engaged as i thought it was hydraulically released.

OP
OP
K

kfin

I don't know if they have a reduction box on the drive motor or not, but they can fail and lock the motor up. If not, it could be the bearings too. Checking the case drain filters is a good start, look for metal particles that are a sign of bearing failure.
I'm not sure how the park brake works on these too, it could be engaged as i thought it was hydraulically released.
Thanks for the reply, I'll pass this info along to him tomorrow.

Fishfiles

Thanks for the reply, I'll pass this info along to him tomorrow.
The T-300 does have oil in the hub , it is like 3 ounzes of synthitic 150 gear oil , I'd check the oil in there first , then the case drain filters , it one side turns and the other don't I would surmise that the brake valve is working as the brake lines are teed to both brakes , the brake in the travel motor could have failed , or the bearing tore up in the hub , but when that happens most of the time it will leak oil but not always , you can disconnect both drain hoses at the case drains and extend those hoses so you can start the machine with those hoses in a clean bucket and see if one is pumping alot more oil than the other which would tell you that you have a problem in that brake

OP
OP
K

kfin

The T-300 does have oil in the hub , it is like 3 ounzes of synthitic 150 gear oil , I'd check the oil in there first , then the case drain filters , it one side turns and the other don't I would surmise that the brake valve is working as the brake lines are teed to both brakes , the brake in the travel motor could have failed , or the bearing tore up in the hub , but when that happens most of the time it will leak oil but not always , you can disconnect both drain hoses at the case drains and extend those hoses so you can start the machine with those hoses in a clean bucket and see if one is pumping alot more oil than the other which would tell you that you have a problem in that brake
Well after they took the track off and the drive motor off and tore it all apart.....they figured out what the problem was. The drain plug had come off! Shouldn't even have had to take anything apart. Thought I would let you know what caused this track to stop moving.

Fishfiles

Well after they took the track off and the drive motor off and tore it all apart.....they figured out what the problem was. The drain plug had come off! Shouldn't even have had to take anything apart. Thought I would let you know what caused this track to stop moving.
Makes no sense to me , I don't have a clue as to what drain plug could cause it to not track and not have cause damage to something and or have been leaking oil , sounds like a story

OP
OP
K

kfin

My friend is picking it up tomorrow. I will get some more information and post it here. Could be interesting. :)
The way he described it to me was that there is a "plug" to remove with an allen wrench on the outside of the hydrostat motor and inside of there is another one...This second one is the one which had worked it's way loose and there is a small amount of some high dollar oil in there that had drained out....they put the oil in it, closed it up and it runs like a top.