T300 2 speed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Kdlevy

I have a 2006 T300 and when I press the speed control switch nothing happens. I just bought the unit and was told that not all T300's have the 2 speed option. Is this correct. How can I tell if the speed control is broken or just does not exist?

bobbie-g

In my VERY limited experience, I believe it must be more cost-effective for Bobcat to just install all the panel switches and lights for all the options for all machines. And then only install whatever options the customer pays for. Clearly, you could have the two speed option and it could be broken. But, you may not have that option at all. On my machines, pressing the high-flow button, for example, produces nothing, since I don't have that option. But the panel sure makes it look like I should have high-flow. Hope this helps. :) ---Bobbie-G

Bobcatdan

In my VERY limited experience, I believe it must be more cost-effective for Bobcat to just install all the panel switches and lights for all the options for all machines. And then only install whatever options the customer pays for. Clearly, you could have the two speed option and it could be broken. But, you may not have that option at all. On my machines, pressing the high-flow button, for example, produces nothing, since I don't have that option. But the panel sure makes it look like I should have high-flow. Hope this helps. :) ---Bobbie-G
T300 don't have 2 speed, was never offered on any Bobcat track machine unit the M series came out.

OP
OP
K

Kdlevy

T300 don't have 2 speed, was never offered on any Bobcat track machine unit the M series came out.
Thanks, I think you are 100% correct. Funny, the dealer told me that it might be in the set-up and the 2 speed is turned-off. Everyone one else has stated that there was NO 2 speed option. I think the dealer just wants me to bring the unit in so I can spend $.

Bobcatdan

Thanks, I think you are 100% correct. Funny, the dealer told me that it might be in the set-up and the 2 speed is turned-off. Everyone one else has stated that there was NO 2 speed option. I think the dealer just wants me to bring the unit in so I can spend $.
I know I'm 100% correct. 2 speed wasn't offered until the T650 and T700 series came out. Bobcat was actually very stubborn about adding 2 speed to track unit because they saw no real benefit to it. Bobcats tend to be a little faster then a comparable 2 speed in low. A 2 speed has no real power to do anything in high other then push snow. Bobcat basically caved to pressure because they knew they were loosing sales because of it.

koko

Seems to me that you don't know your Bobcats! This is in reply to an old thread but may help someone looking for answers. I have a 2006 T300 that most definitely has 2 speed.

koko

Seems to me that you don't know your Bobcats! This is in reply to an old thread but may help someone looking for answers. I have a 2006 T300 that most definitely has 2 speed.
To Bobcatdan.....I apologize for my above remark. My T300 is is a 2009 model so you may well be correct. :censored: