t250 Hydraulic problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Musgrave

I have a 2005 t250 with 1300 hrs that just quit working. I can't move the boom, bucket or tracks. The engine will still run but as soon as I try to move it or lift / lower the bucket the engine shuts down. The drive belts are ok, and I am hoping this is a sensor related issue. Has anyone gone through this troubleshooting exercise that can shed a light on what to look at to get it back up and running. The related error code is 05-15 which is related to the hydrostatic control pressure. The ACS error is #24 Hydostatic control pressure.

Tazza

Staff member
Are you sure the main drive belt is ok? if it breaks or is slipping, the machine will not move and shut down after a set time.

Fishfiles

Which form of controlls does the machine have : Foot , AHC or JSC ------ the two later styles and it is best to bring it to the dealer , a first guess charge pressure problem , do you have a deluxe instrument panel , if so it can be helpful by giving a list of probably causes for the code , code book out in the truck so I don't know what a 05-15 is , where did you get ACS #24 error from --- also with deluxe panel you can monitor the charge pressure when you try and operate it and it kills , you should be able to maintain 400-440

OP
OP
M

Musgrave

Which form of controlls does the machine have : Foot , AHC or JSC ------ the two later styles and it is best to bring it to the dealer , a first guess charge pressure problem , do you have a deluxe instrument panel , if so it can be helpful by giving a list of probably causes for the code , code book out in the truck so I don't know what a 05-15 is , where did you get ACS #24 error from --- also with deluxe panel you can monitor the charge pressure when you try and operate it and it kills , you should be able to maintain 400-440
I pulled the battery yesterday and checked the drive belt and it seems ok. It is not broken and the idler looks good but I did not pull the air filter to have a good look at the tension setting. I was able to get about a half inch deflection of the belt about half way between the two main pulleys. I also changed the hydraulic filter and when I restarted the bobcat and tried the controls again I was able to activate the bucket tilt funtion but only for a few seconds after which the engine again shut down with the same error codes. 05-15 Hydraulic charge pressure shutdown level and from the ACS panel light #24 with a continuous beep which translates to ---- Hydraulic charge pressure extremely low. Engine will stop in 10 seconds. I have been led to believe that there is a hydrostatic charge pressure switch which may be bad. Does this ring any bells and if so where is this switch or sensor located. I have ordered a set of service manauls but have not received them yet. The hand controls are the standard ACS. I do not have the delux console which gives me the hydraulic pressure. I would love to simply take this to the dealer to get it fixed but I am a long way from a dealer and as the machine won't move I can't even load it on a trailer. I would have to arrange for someone with a trailer and a fairly large winch to drag the machine on to it. Rock and hard place comes to mind.

bobbie-g

I pulled the battery yesterday and checked the drive belt and it seems ok. It is not broken and the idler looks good but I did not pull the air filter to have a good look at the tension setting. I was able to get about a half inch deflection of the belt about half way between the two main pulleys. I also changed the hydraulic filter and when I restarted the bobcat and tried the controls again I was able to activate the bucket tilt funtion but only for a few seconds after which the engine again shut down with the same error codes. 05-15 Hydraulic charge pressure shutdown level and from the ACS panel light #24 with a continuous beep which translates to ---- Hydraulic charge pressure extremely low. Engine will stop in 10 seconds. I have been led to believe that there is a hydrostatic charge pressure switch which may be bad. Does this ring any bells and if so where is this switch or sensor located. I have ordered a set of service manauls but have not received them yet. The hand controls are the standard ACS. I do not have the delux console which gives me the hydraulic pressure. I would love to simply take this to the dealer to get it fixed but I am a long way from a dealer and as the machine won't move I can't even load it on a trailer. I would have to arrange for someone with a trailer and a fairly large winch to drag the machine on to it. Rock and hard place comes to mind.
You probably won't be really interested in this info just yet, as I well know from having a real problem with my T180: I just wanted someone to tell me how to fix it! --- When mine got to the point where it wouldn't move, it caught me by surprise. I was also surprised to find that there is no "limp home" mode that can be activated, so when it wasn't moving, there was no way to make it move. So I lined the trailer up with the dead machine, ramps in place, everything ready. Over the next several days, I tried to get the machine to move. One day, it finally did decide to move, and I immediately backed it onto the trailer. Then it was off to the dealer, and it got fixed very well, although very expensively. Best I can offer. :-( ---RC

Tazza

Staff member
You probably won't be really interested in this info just yet, as I well know from having a real problem with my T180: I just wanted someone to tell me how to fix it! --- When mine got to the point where it wouldn't move, it caught me by surprise. I was also surprised to find that there is no "limp home" mode that can be activated, so when it wasn't moving, there was no way to make it move. So I lined the trailer up with the dead machine, ramps in place, everything ready. Over the next several days, I tried to get the machine to move. One day, it finally did decide to move, and I immediately backed it onto the trailer. Then it was off to the dealer, and it got fixed very well, although very expensively. Best I can offer. :-( ---RC
Its totally possible its a bad oil pressure sender, they can and do go bad. I'd start with the simple things first.

OP
OP
M

Musgrave

Its totally possible its a bad oil pressure sender, they can and do go bad. I'd start with the simple things first.
I have just returned from the local dealer and had a bit of a chat with them about the possibilities and we are in agreement that we should try the simple things first. Therefore I will be heading back with a fresh set of filters and filter kits for the inline filters. With luck there will not be any little bits of rubber or metal in these filters. At this point I am still trying to be optomistic. As to the bad oil pressure sender, it sounds like they vary from model to model and there are often more than one. Do you have a name and or part number and possible location for the pressure sender you are referring to. I am assuming it is a hydraulic sendor vs an engine oil pressure sender.

Tazza

Staff member
I have just returned from the local dealer and had a bit of a chat with them about the possibilities and we are in agreement that we should try the simple things first. Therefore I will be heading back with a fresh set of filters and filter kits for the inline filters. With luck there will not be any little bits of rubber or metal in these filters. At this point I am still trying to be optomistic. As to the bad oil pressure sender, it sounds like they vary from model to model and there are often more than one. Do you have a name and or part number and possible location for the pressure sender you are referring to. I am assuming it is a hydraulic sendor vs an engine oil pressure sender.
I don't know where it would be for sure on your machine, but my S250 has one near the control block, look for a round sending unit with three wires coming out of it. About 2-3" long? sorry i can't be more descriptive, i know it should be close to the same location as an S250.