T250 aux hookup to a woods Harley rake!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mford24

I have a 2007 t250 joystick control with 650hrs that I just bought as a used machine. When I hooked it to my woods land rake I could only get the drum to spin one way! Why does the switch not spin the rake in both directions?? And can I somehow make the wires for the tilt on the rake wire into the factory 7pin aux plug?? This is the first bobcat machine that I have ever been on so Im totally new to the buttons and computer, i hope im just doing something wrong! I have ran many other brands of skid steers, just never bobcats! Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks Mike

skidsteer.ca

Are you reversing the flow or oil to the rake?
Don't use the finger trigger or the RH steering lever, use the thumb paddle on same lever and see if drum changes direction. My Erskine rake will run either way, the only thing screwy with the bobcat 14 pin is when I angle the drum will switch from reverse to forward if I running it in reverse. It automatically kick the flow into the forward direction which is a pita.
Not sure if there is anyway to make a non bobcat attachment work with the 7 pin though. I think you will have to get a combo 7 and 14 pin harness for the loader. and then you will have my issue. Or else you have to build or buy a aftermarket setup like Erskines pistol grip switch kit for the loader.
Ken

Bobcatdan

Are you reversing the flow or oil to the rake?
Don't use the finger trigger or the RH steering lever, use the thumb paddle on same lever and see if drum changes direction. My Erskine rake will run either way, the only thing screwy with the bobcat 14 pin is when I angle the drum will switch from reverse to forward if I running it in reverse. It automatically kick the flow into the forward direction which is a pita.
Not sure if there is anyway to make a non bobcat attachment work with the 7 pin though. I think you will have to get a combo 7 and 14 pin harness for the loader. and then you will have my issue. Or else you have to build or buy a aftermarket setup like Erskines pistol grip switch kit for the loader.
Ken
I don't know about this exact attachment, but there are some that will not run backwards.