T200 won't start

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rodbuilder

RE: 2001 Bobcat T200. This isn't my first rodeo, as i know a LOT about the conventional Bobcats, but I've never messed with one of these worthless Deutch-powered bobcats! Tha said, I bought this thing to sell and was well aware of a problem with the charge pressure sensor, which i haven't touched yet, as the previous owner said it shuts off right after it's started. So we put a new battery in it....wired the fuel shutoff lever (I think!!) so it was against the adjustment screw and squirted a little ether in it and, nothing! Not even raw diesel smoke out of the exhaust pipe! ZIT!! We haven't looked for any codes, but the previous owner said it shows an oil (hydraulic??) pressure issue. YES - it has that crappy computer/key-less start on it and YES, the start panel is on the right. Am I wrong in thinking that it should start and run on ether, as long as we hold the shutoff lever to the right, and hit it with ether? 1. Can anyone give me a place to start on this P.O.S? 2. What is involved (time, materials and money) in ripping out the stupid computer garbage and putting a good old, dependable key switch in it? HELP!!

Tazza

Staff member
If you get no signs of starting from ether, pull the valve cover and check the push rods, i'm wondering if the timing belt went and you bent some push rods, so you get no compression.

OP
OP
R

rodbuilder

If you get no signs of starting from ether, pull the valve cover and check the push rods, i'm wondering if the timing belt went and you bent some push rods, so you get no compression.
Thanks Tazza.............. My buddy made a test fuel tank out of an old boat tank, with a submersible car fuel pump in it. After messing around, getting the air our of the line(s) we got it running, but it's doing what the previous owner said it does - shutting down after running for just a few seconds! I buy and sell these things, so I'm aware of the charge pressure syndrome So do you think that it's the charge pressure switch, or something more costly? We don't have any test gauges and I'm not going to buy any, because our knowledge on these problems is, at best, an uneducated guess! It appears that Bobcat thinks they are doing us a big favor by making all this testing necessary, because if its the pump I'd rather have the damn thing break in two and put another one on it, than have to spend all this time and money diagnosing it!!! If something leaks we replace what's leaking, we don't spend 20 hours "diagnosing" it!!!! Can you tell me where to look for the charge pressure switch? This is a 2001 T200 with the computer panel on the right side. NO key, but I wish to hell it did!!! **** OH - how do we see if it's throwing any codes? **** In addition to the shut down problem, the boom doesn't lift either, so that's another issue for later on! A new lift - solenoid will be here today, from Amazon. If only we could hang the moron that thought of putting computers in skid loaders! Unbelievable!! HELLLLP!!!!!

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza.............. My buddy made a test fuel tank out of an old boat tank, with a submersible car fuel pump in it. After messing around, getting the air our of the line(s) we got it running, but it's doing what the previous owner said it does - shutting down after running for just a few seconds! I buy and sell these things, so I'm aware of the charge pressure syndrome So do you think that it's the charge pressure switch, or something more costly? We don't have any test gauges and I'm not going to buy any, because our knowledge on these problems is, at best, an uneducated guess! It appears that Bobcat thinks they are doing us a big favor by making all this testing necessary, because if its the pump I'd rather have the damn thing break in two and put another one on it, than have to spend all this time and money diagnosing it!!! If something leaks we replace what's leaking, we don't spend 20 hours "diagnosing" it!!!! Can you tell me where to look for the charge pressure switch? This is a 2001 T200 with the computer panel on the right side. NO key, but I wish to hell it did!!! **** OH - how do we see if it's throwing any codes? **** In addition to the shut down problem, the boom doesn't lift either, so that's another issue for later on! A new lift - solenoid will be here today, from Amazon. If only we could hang the moron that thought of putting computers in skid loaders! Unbelievable!! HELLLLP!!!!!
I have never worked on one, but i'd like to think the charge pressure sneder will be on the hydraulic filter housing.
The other shutdown event can be over temperature and low engine oil pressure.... So the potential for 3 senders there.
I always had in my head, that the sender shutdown timer was 30 seconds, so low pressure for 30 seconds shuts it down.
The other thing to check is the RPM sensor in the bell housing. I have a very vague memory of someone saying that they had issues of a machine starting and stopping due to a bad sensor. It doesn't think the motor is running, so lets the fuel shut solenoid turn off.
Without codes, it gets harder, i have never fiddled with one with a key-less panel that i'm under the assumption you have.

OP
OP
R

rodbuilder

I have never worked on one, but i'd like to think the charge pressure sneder will be on the hydraulic filter housing.
The other shutdown event can be over temperature and low engine oil pressure.... So the potential for 3 senders there.
I always had in my head, that the sender shutdown timer was 30 seconds, so low pressure for 30 seconds shuts it down.
The other thing to check is the RPM sensor in the bell housing. I have a very vague memory of someone saying that they had issues of a machine starting and stopping due to a bad sensor. It doesn't think the motor is running, so lets the fuel shut solenoid turn off.
Without codes, it gets harder, i have never fiddled with one with a key-less panel that i'm under the assumption you have.
2001 T200 - S/N: 51891568 1. Tazza: "charge pressure sender will be on the hydraulic filter housing" ** You're right! Do you have the part number for it? I bought one, but it's the wrong one. This one has TWO wires going to it and maybe a 3/4 inch hex, for a wrench. 2. I need the part number for the boom control solenoid, that's under the seat. 3. The control switch/knob on the LEFT control handle is broken, so I need that part number too. HELP!!!!

OP
OP
R

rodbuilder

2001 T200 - S/N: 51891568 1. Tazza: "charge pressure sender will be on the hydraulic filter housing" ** You're right! Do you have the part number for it? I bought one, but it's the wrong one. This one has TWO wires going to it and maybe a 3/4 inch hex, for a wrench. 2. I need the part number for the boom control solenoid, that's under the seat. 3. The control switch/knob on the LEFT control handle is broken, so I need that part number too. HELP!!!!
AND the number for that RPM sensor!!!!

flyerdan

AND the number for that RPM sensor!!!!
You can go to bobcatpartsonline and put in your s/n and get all parts specific to your machine, no guessing. Use the numbers for online vendor searches.
There should be a book for the T190 in the manual thread; it will probably have the codes and be close enough that it will help in finding components and have a troubleshooting guide.

Tazza

Staff member
You can go to bobcatpartsonline and put in your s/n and get all parts specific to your machine, no guessing. Use the numbers for online vendor searches.
There should be a book for the T190 in the manual thread; it will probably have the codes and be close enough that it will help in finding components and have a troubleshooting guide.
Sadly i don't have any part numbers.... Flyerdan has a good idea, the online parts manual will tell you exactly what numbers you need with you entering the serial number.