t200 Sprocket Removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ocitsalocs

Hey Guys, Trying to do a little off season maintenance on my machine. I snapped a sprocket stud during the fall and I'm trying to replace the damaged part. I got the track off fine but I can't get the sprocket off of the drive motor. I have already stripped the three push off threaded bolt holes by putting too much pressure on the bolts, so I'm in a bit of a hard place. Any suggestions or tricks to getting the sprocket off?

flyerdan

Looking at the parts book, it appears that the sprocket is held on very similar to a brake drum on a rear axle, where the threaded removal holes are flush against the hub.
Since they can't be punched out and retapped while it's on, I would use the biggest of the Harbor Freight 3 jaw puller and an air hammer with a dull chisel. Snug up the puller on the sprocket, and give a couple of quick blasts to the back side of the sprocket, as if pushing it off, if space allows. You should then be able to tighten the puller a bit more, and work it off once the rust bond has broken and allowed it to move.
It's amazing how effective a bit of judicious use of an air hammer can be on even the most stubborn stuck things, once you can get it to move even a little bit you've got it knocked.

farmshop

Looking at the parts book, it appears that the sprocket is held on very similar to a brake drum on a rear axle, where the threaded removal holes are flush against the hub.
Since they can't be punched out and retapped while it's on, I would use the biggest of the Harbor Freight 3 jaw puller and an air hammer with a dull chisel. Snug up the puller on the sprocket, and give a couple of quick blasts to the back side of the sprocket, as if pushing it off, if space allows. You should then be able to tighten the puller a bit more, and work it off once the rust bond has broken and allowed it to move.
It's amazing how effective a bit of judicious use of an air hammer can be on even the most stubborn stuck things, once you can get it to move even a little bit you've got it knocked.
I would weld a nut over the top of the holes and start with the jack bolts. Apply a lot of penetrating oil and pound on the sprocket with a large hammer while continuing to snug the jack bolts

Latest posts