T190 Vs. S205

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

GroundL

First time to the forum, Thanks for being here!!! Just wanted some input on a T190 vs. a S205. I have had a 773 for about 11 years and was one of firsts in this area to test out the track loaders when Bobcat first introduced them! Long story short, I know the advantages of the track loaders! BUT!!! I've just not jumped to buy YET! has anyone did a side by side comparison with the S205 & a T190?? It's just hard for me to see $10,000.00 difference in these two machines. I've done Soooo much with my tire machine but can I justify That much more??? I can buy alot of tires for $10,000.00 not to mention the cost to replace the tracks??? Please someone MAKE UP MY MIND FOR ME!!!!

skidsteer.ca

I know upping the price isn't what most people want to talk about, but for another 5k you could have a wheel loader and a Loegering VTS track kit, giving you the choice of tires or wheels.
I too worry about the cost of operating a dedicated track loader replacement tracks @ 1000 to 1500 hrs , idlers, problem is suposed to be cured now. Final drive bearings??
The wheel machines are pretty tried and true.
I think I have come to the conclusion that if I ever get one on tracks that I will still want one on wheels for rentals and work on hard surfaces.
Seasons Greetings
Ken

WebbCo

I know upping the price isn't what most people want to talk about, but for another 5k you could have a wheel loader and a Loegering VTS track kit, giving you the choice of tires or wheels.
I too worry about the cost of operating a dedicated track loader replacement tracks @ 1000 to 1500 hrs , idlers, problem is suposed to be cured now. Final drive bearings??
The wheel machines are pretty tried and true.
I think I have come to the conclusion that if I ever get one on tracks that I will still want one on wheels for rentals and work on hard surfaces.
Seasons Greetings
Ken
T190 lifts 1900 lbs
S205 lifts 2050 lbs
Make your disision from there...me, I'd take the S205 even with the strange size tires that come on it. 13.5 by 16.5 on a 12x16.5 wheel.
Just my 2cents worth.
Mark

Tigerotor77W

First, bobcatpartsmanager, while the T190 is rated lower than is the S205, the T190 will feel more stable -- even when picking up heavier loads (say, those weighing 2,050 lbs).
GroundL -- the price difference isn't simply justifiable in whether the parts fail earlier or later. It also depends on what surfaces you run on. If you find yourself out of work for several months in a year because of wet ground, or if you frequently get stuck in wet ground, then it's possible that a track loader will make up for that lost profit. However, if you're just looking for a larger loader but are not sure whether you should go for a track machine or continue on the wheeled path, it's likely that the track loader will simply drain your bank accounts faster. Do you have more information on the types of jobs you'd do?

WebbCo

First, bobcatpartsmanager, while the T190 is rated lower than is the S205, the T190 will feel more stable -- even when picking up heavier loads (say, those weighing 2,050 lbs).
GroundL -- the price difference isn't simply justifiable in whether the parts fail earlier or later. It also depends on what surfaces you run on. If you find yourself out of work for several months in a year because of wet ground, or if you frequently get stuck in wet ground, then it's possible that a track loader will make up for that lost profit. However, if you're just looking for a larger loader but are not sure whether you should go for a track machine or continue on the wheeled path, it's likely that the track loader will simply drain your bank accounts faster. Do you have more information on the types of jobs you'd do?
Well you its always a choice of what type of job your doing, in my situation....I can take anything I want from the Dealership as long as I keep it fueled and serviced! One weekend a 463 to get into a back yard, the next a A300 to keep sod from being torn up too bad.
Like I said, for me the s205 but for someone else the t190. From a parts managers point of view I like the T190 for the simple fact I will sell more parts on it than a tire machine!

skidsteer.ca

Well you its always a choice of what type of job your doing, in my situation....I can take anything I want from the Dealership as long as I keep it fueled and serviced! One weekend a 463 to get into a back yard, the next a A300 to keep sod from being torn up too bad.
Like I said, for me the s205 but for someone else the t190. From a parts managers point of view I like the T190 for the simple fact I will sell more parts on it than a tire machine!
Aren't track loaders roc at 35% off tip load or capacity where as a skid is rated roc is 50% of tip. So the tip of the t190 would be1900 devide by 35, multiplied by 100 = 5428lbs and the s205 would be 4100lbs It this right? Why do the track loader use a different factor, any idea?
from Bobcat.com
Capacity

Rated Operating Capacity (35% Of Tip): 1900 lbs (862 kg)
Operating Capacity (50% of Tip): 3426 lbs (1554 kg)
Tipping Load: 6851 lbs (3108 kg)
Travel Speed: 7.1 mph (11.4 kmh)
Pump Capacity: 16.3 GPM (61.7 L/min)
Auxiliary High Flow: 25.5 GPM (96 L/min)
Somehow there math differs from mine, must be the "new" math.
According to this a t190 outlifts a s330
Ken

Tigerotor77W

Aren't track loaders roc at 35% off tip load or capacity where as a skid is rated roc is 50% of tip. So the tip of the t190 would be1900 devide by 35, multiplied by 100 = 5428lbs and the s205 would be 4100lbs It this right? Why do the track loader use a different factor, any idea?
from Bobcat.com

Rated Operating Capacity (35% Of Tip): 1900 lbs (862 kg)
Operating Capacity (50% of Tip): 3426 lbs (1554 kg)
Tipping Load: 6851 lbs (3108 kg)
Travel Speed: 7.1 mph (11.4 kmh)
Pump Capacity: 16.3 GPM (61.7 L/min)
Auxiliary High Flow: 25.5 GPM (96 L/min)
Somehow there math differs from mine, must be the "new" math.
According to this a t190 outlifts a s330
Ken
Ken -- your math is correct (1900/0.35=5428). The difference in the Bobcat page stuff is likely that Bobcat publishes the tested figure -- that is, the T190 may actually tip at 6951. Bobcat can rate its machine at anything lower than that. So instead of calling the T190 the T240, which is what it may be given its tip load, it "derates" it, so-to-speak, to make it into the T190.
It doesn't necessarily do this for all models, but this appears to be the case. (Other manufacturers do it, too.)
As for why track loaders are rated differently, I'm not entirely sure why. It's all described in the SAE J732 and J818 standards, and manufacturers more or less follow that standard.

skidsteer.ca

Ken -- your math is correct (1900/0.35=5428). The difference in the Bobcat page stuff is likely that Bobcat publishes the tested figure -- that is, the T190 may actually tip at 6951. Bobcat can rate its machine at anything lower than that. So instead of calling the T190 the T240, which is what it may be given its tip load, it "derates" it, so-to-speak, to make it into the T190.
It doesn't necessarily do this for all models, but this appears to be the case. (Other manufacturers do it, too.)
As for why track loaders are rated differently, I'm not entirely sure why. It's all described in the SAE J732 and J818 standards, and manufacturers more or less follow that standard.
Not much wonder it feels more stable then a wheel machine. It would not actually have the power to lift 6500 plus pounds would it? (have never used one) Where as a skid will lift nearly its tipping point.
Must be SAE or some other governing body that tell them how the rating will be. Guess it would have to be or every mfg would use their own rating system just to muddy the water.
Ken

Latest posts