T190 CREEPING BACKWARDS ON STARTUP

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TOMMYT190

WHEN I START THE MACHING THE LEFT TRACK GOES INTO REVERSE. JUST STARTED YESTERDAY. THE MACHINE HAS 2300 HRS ON IT. IS THIS A ADJUSTMENT PROBLEM OR SOMETHING BIGGER. THE MANUAL HAS A 4 PAGE INSTRUCTION TO DO A NEUTRAL ADJUSTMENT. IS THERE A SIMPLER WAY. PLEASE NEED HELP THANKS TOMMY!

Fishfiles

I 'd bet the bolt that holds the pintle lever to the sunstrand shaft came loose and the pintle is loose on the shaft , seems some of the newer 190's have a different style pintle on them made of steel and some older ones have aluminum , if it's steel I see alot of ears break off the pintle , if it's aluminum on the left side I can get the bolt out without disassembling , I say take it out for it will help to clean it and the threads with some areosol cleaner , blow it dry and apply locktite to the bolt and retighten it , as far as ajusting the steering I don't go by the book , best way is to jack and block machine off ground , but what I do is leave it on the ground and note which side and way you need to go to get netraul , raise the cab and look at the square bars under the pintle plate where they make contact on the pintle rollers , loosen the 2 bolts holding the bar just enough so you can tap the head of the bolt with small hammer , hold the steering lever in the approamite position you need for netraul and tap the bolt head till the bar contacts the roller , you may have to do it a couple of times , I do the left side first then the right , be aware that a change to one side affects the other side , and some times the adjustment of one side is maxed out and you have to reset the bar farther back to get into the sweet spot , if that all makes any sense