T190 Blowing Fuel Solenoids. What to check next?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

blackangus78

It is a 2005 T190 with about 1700 hours and joystick controls. About a month ago it would occasionally not start, we would let it sit for awhile and it would fire up. We jumped it with a truck once and that worked, but eventually it would not start at all. Then a code was shown 13-07: Fuel Shutoff solenoid open circuit. Replaced the fuel solenoid on Monday, did not start right away as it was still showing the code. Disconnected battery and it must have reset the code because the machine fired right up. Used it all day Tuesday and most of the morning Wednesday (stop and start). Went to lunch Wednesday and came back...throwing same code that Fuel Solenoid was error. Called dealer and they came out for service call. They checked the relays, the voltage and battery and power distribution block, harness, ect. Ended up telling me the fuel solenoid was bad again. They tested the ohms and it was allowing 27 ohms, only allowed 15. The old solenoid was allowing 18 ohms. So basically they told me I have a faulty part, no warranty on the part either. Well I'm not buying it. Oh I'm buying another fuel solenoid though as it has been sitting for nearly a week now. I am going to put another solenoid in it tomorrow, but if it blows it out again, what the heck do I look for now? Thanks, JC

Bobcatdan

Check the wiring coming from the solenoid as it runs along the engine. I bet you have a very small rub that occasionally shorts to ground.

OP
OP
B

blackangus78

Check the wiring coming from the solenoid as it runs along the engine. I bet you have a very small rub that occasionally shorts to ground.
I almost think it has to be something with the wiring. Maybe just wrap the whole harness wiring with electrical tape if I can't find a rub mark or something.

Latest posts