T180 power issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Ted Fisher

This Maching is not very old but I don't think it did this when it was new. When you have the throttle wide open with the sticks all the way forward if you raise or lower the bucket the machines speed slows some. However the engine seems to do fine, it doesn't bog down. My question is do I have a problem or does this seem normal and if something is wrong what are possible causes. Thank you for your help.

Tazza

Staff member
I would bet its your drive belt slipping, check that it is adjusted correctly.
All the engines power is transmitted through the drive belt to the pumps, if its not tight enough or worn it will slip and you will loose power. Especially if the engine doesn't bog down it points to the belt.

OP
OP
T

Ted Fisher

I would bet its your drive belt slipping, check that it is adjusted correctly.
All the engines power is transmitted through the drive belt to the pumps, if its not tight enough or worn it will slip and you will loose power. Especially if the engine doesn't bog down it points to the belt.
I tightened the belt a couple of days ago but it was raining so I haven't had a chance to try it. I think that it might fix it cause it seemed a little loose. Thank you for your help.

dlong

I tightened the belt a couple of days ago but it was raining so I haven't had a chance to try it. I think that it might fix it cause it seemed a little loose. Thank you for your help.
did you ever figure out you power issue?