T180 or T190?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ExMxer

I'm looking for a used machine and noticed that there are hardly any t180's out there. The ones that I have found are a fair amount cheaper than 190's. Is there really that big of a difference in the initial purchase price between the two? I'm not loading trucks or any high lifting so should I do without the 190's vertical lift? Is there any advantage in the T190 over the T180? At mid-height does the 190 have a farther reach? Also wanted to know what kind of digging power (or lack of) I would have with a 74" smooth bucket? Going with 16 inch tracks and need the wide bucket to cover the track width. Your thoughts? Thanks everyone!

Fishfiles

I find the boom on the 180 is harder to break than the 190 , I see alot of broken booms and they are all on 190's and machines with that style boom and have never see it on the 180 , if you are a landscaper and going to be unloading pallets of grass , grading and drilling holes with an auger the 190 seems to be the one , if you are going to be rough on the machine like breaking concrete with a breaker or using a grapple bucket pulling stumps and trees around I'd go with the 180

OP
OP
E

ExMxer

I find the boom on the 180 is harder to break than the 190 , I see alot of broken booms and they are all on 190's and machines with that style boom and have never see it on the 180 , if you are a landscaper and going to be unloading pallets of grass , grading and drilling holes with an auger the 190 seems to be the one , if you are going to be rough on the machine like breaking concrete with a breaker or using a grapple bucket pulling stumps and trees around I'd go with the 180
Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Anything else to add?

Fishfiles

Hmmm, I'll keep that in mind, thanks. Anything else to add?
Hmmmm , if the machine were for my personal use , and I had to choose a new model my first choice would be Takeuchi , second choice Kubota and thrid Bobcat as long as it wasn't a JSC machine

Bobcatdan

Hmmmm , if the machine were for my personal use , and I had to choose a new model my first choice would be Takeuchi , second choice Kubota and thrid Bobcat as long as it wasn't a JSC machine
T180 and T190 are basically the same, just different arm design. A T180 will do anything a T190 will do. Guys just seem to want the T190.

OP
OP
E

ExMxer

T180 and T190 are basically the same, just different arm design. A T180 will do anything a T190 will do. Guys just seem to want the T190.
Yeah, that seems to be the case. Do you guys know what the price difference is between a 180 and 190 brand new? Any ideas if or when the new cab will be on the 180?

Bobcatdan

Yeah, that seems to be the case. Do you guys know what the price difference is between a 180 and 190 brand new? Any ideas if or when the new cab will be on the 180?
The 500 M series most likely won't be out until early next year.

Bobcatdan

Is it worth waiting for?
I can't say, they have not released specs yet, just the model numbers. I would say go check out a S650 and see how much you like the cab, that is the major difference. By the time the 500's come out, I think tier 4 emissions will most likly be in effect for the engine size, good amount of extra crap including computer controlled engine. I wouldn't be surprise there is a healthy price jump.

OP
OP
E

ExMxer

I can't say, they have not released specs yet, just the model numbers. I would say go check out a S650 and see how much you like the cab, that is the major difference. By the time the 500's come out, I think tier 4 emissions will most likly be in effect for the engine size, good amount of extra crap including computer controlled engine. I wouldn't be surprise there is a healthy price jump.
BobCatDan: Spoke with a dealer, and it sounds like you are 100% right. I know how big of a nightmare the DPF's, VG turbos, and computers were on the Class 8 trucks so this might be a good time to buy and not have to go through all that again. I'm not finding any advantage to getting a 190 so I'm going to try to get a 180 instead. Thanks for your help and replies so far.

Bobcatdan

BobCatDan: Spoke with a dealer, and it sounds like you are 100% right. I know how big of a nightmare the DPF's, VG turbos, and computers were on the Class 8 trucks so this might be a good time to buy and not have to go through all that again. I'm not finding any advantage to getting a 190 so I'm going to try to get a 180 instead. Thanks for your help and replies so far.
This is 100% my personal opion, I like radial lifts like the T180 better. Radials have better forward reach at mid lift where verical lifts have better reach on full high. For me, I'm never loading a dump truck, I'm setting stuff on trucks, trailers or pallet rack. There is a noticable difference in reach at mid height. If I place an attachment in the middle of a trailer from the side with a radial lift, most of the times I can't reach it with a vertical. This is just my two cents as the industry as a whole is moving more and more to verticals. As for tier 4, it sounds like we will be able to dodge DPF for a while, but I'm sure it is coming.