T140 oil pan issue

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

V65ozzie

Is there any way to access the oi pan for removal without pulling the motor? The service manual doesn't really help on this one, I have a rub through on the pan I need to repair and I was thinking of supporting the motor, dropping the lower plate and fuel tank and dropping the pan this way, is it possible? Or am I stuck pulling the motor? Thanks in advance for any tips or insight. Ozzie

Bobcatdan

The engine/hydro has to come out. Besides getting at the nearly impossible rear oil pan bolts, I highly doubt you could get the engine up high enough to clear the pick up tube.

OP
OP
V

V65ozzie

The engine/hydro has to come out. Besides getting at the nearly impossible rear oil pan bolts, I highly doubt you could get the engine up high enough to clear the pick up tube.
Thanks for the input, here goes nothing....... :)

OP
OP
V

V65ozzie

Thanks for the input, here goes nothing....... :)
Okay, had a drive motor failure, so the machine is down, so, while waiting for the replacement drive motor I went ahead and pulled the motor.All in all, not that bad, total of about 4 hours to remove, not including the overnight delay(I had to get a swivel socket to get on the right front motor mount bolt, and still had to heat up the nut to break it loose) Motor is on the bench, oil pan has been repaired, checked out a bunch of stuff while it was out. Discovered the alternator had broken loose and destroyed the pivot bolt hole, putting the alternator at a 30 degree cant. The machine is at the end of it's lifespan for us, going up for sale as soon as it's repaired, so, instead of replacing the front motor cover, I fabricated up some brackets that attach to another two bolts on the cover, transferring the load off the damaged hole, now the alternator sits correctly positioned, and is adjustable the way it should be. Pics available if someone else has had this happen and wants a cheap fix. Engine bay cleaned, approximately 100lbs of accumulated crud removed. hopefully it will back in this week. Thanks for the tips some of you provided.

OP
OP
V

V65ozzie

Okay, had a drive motor failure, so the machine is down, so, while waiting for the replacement drive motor I went ahead and pulled the motor.All in all, not that bad, total of about 4 hours to remove, not including the overnight delay(I had to get a swivel socket to get on the right front motor mount bolt, and still had to heat up the nut to break it loose) Motor is on the bench, oil pan has been repaired, checked out a bunch of stuff while it was out. Discovered the alternator had broken loose and destroyed the pivot bolt hole, putting the alternator at a 30 degree cant. The machine is at the end of it's lifespan for us, going up for sale as soon as it's repaired, so, instead of replacing the front motor cover, I fabricated up some brackets that attach to another two bolts on the cover, transferring the load off the damaged hole, now the alternator sits correctly positioned, and is adjustable the way it should be. Pics available if someone else has had this happen and wants a cheap fix. Engine bay cleaned, approximately 100lbs of accumulated crud removed. hopefully it will back in this week. Thanks for the tips some of you provided.
Follow up. I ended up pulling the motor two more times, apparently the pan was worse than I had originally realized. However, some additional brazing added enough material to solve the drip. The machine was sold and the new owner got an oil free engine bay. Upside: I got very efficient at removing the motor :)

Tazza

Staff member
Follow up. I ended up pulling the motor two more times, apparently the pan was worse than I had originally realized. However, some additional brazing added enough material to solve the drip. The machine was sold and the new owner got an oil free engine bay. Upside: I got very efficient at removing the motor :)
Glad you got it sorted out.
Pulling the engine/pump isn't as bad as it first seems is it?

Latest posts