T-300 front idler removal

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

JWJR

The bosses T300 has a front idler that is squealing and needs replacing. we haven't tore into it yet but was wonder how do you remove it? i want to be sure of how to remove it before i get to as this is a fairly newly acquired machine and we haven't had to do any major work to it. Is the idler of of loader parts source any good or is it like the other aftermarket ones that fail in no time? also does anyone have a .PDF of the service manual for this things so I don't need to ask to many questions about the machine? Thanks

cnord

We have been selling undercarriage parts here at Loader Parts Source Inc. for about a year and a half and no one has ever complained about any part of our undercarriage being inferior. It is the exact same thing that bobcat installs on their new machines.

Fishfiles

We have been selling undercarriage parts here at Loader Parts Source Inc. for about a year and a half and no one has ever complained about any part of our undercarriage being inferior. It is the exact same thing that bobcat installs on their new machines.
To remove the idler , I am going to give you the older style set up , a new setup is out there , if thats what you got then I tell you about it tomorrow ------open the two plates on side the track , the rear plate to access the bleeder screw and the front plate to see the spring , it is important that the bottom /back bolt of the front plate be unscrewed till no bolt is sticking thru the frame as the spring support plate will hit it before it goes all the way back , that little bit can make it harder to deal with the track , loosen the bleeder screw wit ------ the best tool is another Bobcat with forks to remove and install a track , or a mini excavator , but if you have to do it by hand I put a small lenght of 2x4 between the track and idler on the bottom side and roll it around , this will push the idler the rest of the way in , you may have to up to a 4x4 , when the plate that sits behind the spring goes past the bolt I mentioned your all the way back , then use a 5 or 6 foot bar to jump the front of the track up and off the idler and move it to the side just enough to get the idler out , slide or pull the idler out and take note on which side of the ears are up reverse the procedure ----------------------Bobcat down here has a real bad shortage going on with track parts , have had sprockets and rollers ordered for 4 weeks --------we have experimented with many of the after market track parts , never the brand you mentioned , I will say the after market we have dealt with no doubt don't last as long as the ones we get from Bobcat , Gaberdean is the name that comes to mine as the worst of the worst , the had some really bad batches that didn't last a month they warranted them and they went out again , we stay away from after market metal parts , we do go for after market tracks , the best two I see out there now is Taji and Earth Force , Solideal is too soft and don't last on tuff jobs , in the dirt they are ok but stay out of trash and concrete , also find that alot of after market tracks are not the exact same size , you can see this after the track is installed , the idler will stick out farther , this seems to disrupt the timing and eats the spockets away quicker ------------- if it were my money I say stay away from after market rollers , idlers and spockets , I picture they are made of inferior metals , like washing machines , bicycles and rebar melted down over seas and not heat treated , thats one reason why they are cheaper , if you pay 1/2 the price and they last 1/ 2 as long you still have to change them twice

cnord

To remove the idler , I am going to give you the older style set up , a new setup is out there , if thats what you got then I tell you about it tomorrow ------open the two plates on side the track , the rear plate to access the bleeder screw and the front plate to see the spring , it is important that the bottom /back bolt of the front plate be unscrewed till no bolt is sticking thru the frame as the spring support plate will hit it before it goes all the way back , that little bit can make it harder to deal with the track , loosen the bleeder screw wit ------ the best tool is another Bobcat with forks to remove and install a track , or a mini excavator , but if you have to do it by hand I put a small lenght of 2x4 between the track and idler on the bottom side and roll it around , this will push the idler the rest of the way in , you may have to up to a 4x4 , when the plate that sits behind the spring goes past the bolt I mentioned your all the way back , then use a 5 or 6 foot bar to jump the front of the track up and off the idler and move it to the side just enough to get the idler out , slide or pull the idler out and take note on which side of the ears are up reverse the procedure ----------------------Bobcat down here has a real bad shortage going on with track parts , have had sprockets and rollers ordered for 4 weeks --------we have experimented with many of the after market track parts , never the brand you mentioned , I will say the after market we have dealt with no doubt don't last as long as the ones we get from Bobcat , Gaberdean is the name that comes to mine as the worst of the worst , the had some really bad batches that didn't last a month they warranted them and they went out again , we stay away from after market metal parts , we do go for after market tracks , the best two I see out there now is Taji and Earth Force , Solideal is too soft and don't last on tuff jobs , in the dirt they are ok but stay out of trash and concrete , also find that alot of after market tracks are not the exact same size , you can see this after the track is installed , the idler will stick out farther , this seems to disrupt the timing and eats the spockets away quicker ------------- if it were my money I say stay away from after market rollers , idlers and spockets , I picture they are made of inferior metals , like washing machines , bicycles and rebar melted down over seas and not heat treated , thats one reason why they are cheaper , if you pay 1/2 the price and they last 1/ 2 as long you still have to change them twice
We even have Bobcat dealers purchasing from us, they purchase tracks, idlers, and sprockets mostly.