T-190 Starting Problem

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

pgdub

Hi guys, I have a T 190 we purchased used this past summer and it ran like a top started great and worked great. Ever since winter has come the temperature has dropped and a starting issue has arised. From time to time the machine starts but most of the time we get a message in the display that say Input. The motor does not crank over and there is power to the insturment panel but nothing happens when we try to crank the engine over i have checked all the relays and fuses and everything is functining correclty. We have asked the local bobcat office and they said it was the computer but it works from time to time so i have a hard time beleiving them and i dont want to spend 800 dollars only to have the same starting issues. If anyone can help or if anyone has expienced similar issues please help me out. Thanks PGDub.

kelly_b

Maybe the starter solenoid is getting stuck? How do you know it is not the starter that is going on you? I seem to recall starters on their way out have a tendancy to fail when it gets colder out. So give it a love tap with your wrench and see if she fires right up.

OP
OP
P

pgdub

Maybe the starter solenoid is getting stuck? How do you know it is not the starter that is going on you? I seem to recall starters on their way out have a tendancy to fail when it gets colder out. So give it a love tap with your wrench and see if she fires right up.
I bypassed the relay and put direct power to the starter and it started to crank. and also the on the information screen the message displayed is "input" how the standard display that says the how many hours the machine has.....

skidsteer.ca

I bypassed the relay and put direct power to the starter and it started to crank. and also the on the information screen the message displayed is "input" how the standard display that says the how many hours the machine has.....
Do you have to power up the fuel soilinoid to to get it to run. Or is the factory wiring suppling power there. You turn the key on the solinoid should pull the fuel shut off lever on the pump.
You could certainly wire around the starter and the fuel solinoid to make the machine work
That computer is Bobcats version of the auto makers "check engine light" which is the equivalent to give me $800 I had to change mine out to fix the water temp guage (and glow plug timer) from shutting me off do to a false overheat condition. It was supposed to cure the aux hyd sticking on too, but that is a separate $150 rh steering lever switch, or so I'm told now.
Bobcat should have to stick the black box of voodoo where the sun don't shine.
Ken

OP
OP
P

pgdub

Do you have to power up the fuel soilinoid to to get it to run. Or is the factory wiring suppling power there. You turn the key on the solinoid should pull the fuel shut off lever on the pump.
You could certainly wire around the starter and the fuel solinoid to make the machine work
That computer is Bobcats version of the auto makers "check engine light" which is the equivalent to give me $800 I had to change mine out to fix the water temp guage (and glow plug timer) from shutting me off do to a false overheat condition. It was supposed to cure the aux hyd sticking on too, but that is a separate $150 rh steering lever switch, or so I'm told now.
Bobcat should have to stick the black box of voodoo where the sun don't shine.
Ken
I've been talking to a few people that have some knowledge about bobcats and they one guy said that it could be moisture in the wiring harness or wires themselve.....what do you guys think about that??? Colder it gets the water freezes above zero and its not frozen,.....just a thought mabye it could be that???/

Fishfiles

I've been talking to a few people that have some knowledge about bobcats and they one guy said that it could be moisture in the wiring harness or wires themselve.....what do you guys think about that??? Colder it gets the water freezes above zero and its not frozen,.....just a thought mabye it could be that???/
No Input I say means that the controller is not communicating with the console ,it could be wiring , but I have found in the past it has taken a new controller to fix it , which has to be programmed with your hours and serial number by the dealer , but you could install it easily in 15 minutes , if you have a buddy with the same machine you can switch the controller and see if the problem goes away ----- but I have seen where when the code number to start the machine will not be accepted that mosture was the cause , when this happens if you press the code number the little asteric (*) on the screen is suppose to light each time a number is press so if you have a 4 number code 4 (*'s) will be lit up ,and if all the (*'s) are not lit it won't start , I know this is not your problem but it would not hurt to try as I have seen where you can take the console out the machine and bring it inside over night and hit it with a hair drier and it worked sometimes for the not accepting the code problem , but really feel that your problem is something else ,---------- another thing I would check is the panel in the middle of the dash which holds the brake switch which has two screws holding it in , the screw on the left side has a tendency to rub the insulation off the wiring which connects the right side console to the controller , I seen this happen a few times but never was the out come " No Input" , it was a no start when button pushed problem ----------if it isn't something easy I think the best thing for you to do with that one is probally to bring the machine to the dealer and have them check it out as you could waste a lot of time trying to find the cause , or change the controller and it is in the wiring and they don't take the controller back for credit as it is programmed to your machine and can only be scrubbed clean by the factory

OP
OP
P

pgdub

No Input I say means that the controller is not communicating with the console ,it could be wiring , but I have found in the past it has taken a new controller to fix it , which has to be programmed with your hours and serial number by the dealer , but you could install it easily in 15 minutes , if you have a buddy with the same machine you can switch the controller and see if the problem goes away ----- but I have seen where when the code number to start the machine will not be accepted that mosture was the cause , when this happens if you press the code number the little asteric (*) on the screen is suppose to light each time a number is press so if you have a 4 number code 4 (*'s) will be lit up ,and if all the (*'s) are not lit it won't start , I know this is not your problem but it would not hurt to try as I have seen where you can take the console out the machine and bring it inside over night and hit it with a hair drier and it worked sometimes for the not accepting the code problem , but really feel that your problem is something else ,---------- another thing I would check is the panel in the middle of the dash which holds the brake switch which has two screws holding it in , the screw on the left side has a tendency to rub the insulation off the wiring which connects the right side console to the controller , I seen this happen a few times but never was the out come " No Input" , it was a no start when button pushed problem ----------if it isn't something easy I think the best thing for you to do with that one is probally to bring the machine to the dealer and have them check it out as you could waste a lot of time trying to find the cause , or change the controller and it is in the wiring and they don't take the controller back for credit as it is programmed to your machine and can only be scrubbed clean by the factory
yeah i think to fix this problem would be a bit to complicated for me to fix.....that and its minus 30 celcius right now...i think ill let the dealer have me on this one..:(

JOK

yeah i think to fix this problem would be a bit to complicated for me to fix.....that and its minus 30 celcius right now...i think ill let the dealer have me on this one..:(
A bit late but I had the same problem. Fishfiles is on the money with his thoughts. Although most of the wiring loom is green, each wire has a number printed it . Using a meter, check for continuity between plugs. Mine had chaffed through just near the main plug under the cab [where the cab loom joins the chassis loom] Pretty easy to locate, really easy to fix. The T series has a real problem with vibration. Anything not securely held down will vibrate, rub and wear through [ wires and hoses especially] followed closely by the windows. Good luck.

Latest posts