Symbols and fonts

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BobMelroe

I just posted a reply where I could have used the "pie" (3.1426) symbol, but noticed it wasn't in the list of symbols(or I'm blind). Squared "²" is. Also, is there a way to set a default font when posting? I use IE somtimes to post and have to change the font every time. Again, not complaining, don't want to start another war on here, just asking
emotion-5.gif

Tazza

Staff member
LOL
I don't think the forum allows different fonts? not sure there though, all i know is you can use Italics and Bold.
Have you tried copying and pasting the pi symbol from another source?

OldMachinist

LOL
I don't think the forum allows different fonts? not sure there though, all i know is you can use Italics and Bold.
Have you tried copying and pasting the pi symbol from another source?
You can cut and paste from whatever word processing program you use. I copied your formula into Word and inserted the pi symbol.

For example; 4" bore cylinder, with 1700lbs system pressure
P(2x2)=12.5664 x 1700psi= 21362.88lbs OR 10.68 tons.

There are a few different fonts to choose from if you use the HTML editor.

OP
OP
B

BobMelroe

You can cut and paste from whatever word processing program you use. I copied your formula into Word and inserted the pi symbol.

For example; 4" bore cylinder, with 1700lbs system pressure
P(2x2)=12.5664 x 1700psi= 21362.88lbs OR 10.68 tons.

There are a few different fonts to choose from if you use the HTML editor.
If I have a long winded post I usually just use Notepad on my computer, then cut and paste. I'll use Word if I have to next time though. What I meant by setting a default font, is when I go to post a reply it seems the default font is Times New Roman. I have to change it to Arial everytime. Plus if I post a pic in my reply then type afterward, it defaults back to Times New Roman again. It's not really a major deal. If I have to keep resetting it, that's fine. Just wondered if there was a way to set it as my default. What's weird is if I use Firefox instead of IE, Arial is the only font there. Threre isn't any menus or any way to change it. Like I said, not a big deal just wondered if I was overlooking something.

OP
OP
B

BobMelroe

If I have a long winded post I usually just use Notepad on my computer, then cut and paste. I'll use Word if I have to next time though. What I meant by setting a default font, is when I go to post a reply it seems the default font is Times New Roman. I have to change it to Arial everytime. Plus if I post a pic in my reply then type afterward, it defaults back to Times New Roman again. It's not really a major deal. If I have to keep resetting it, that's fine. Just wondered if there was a way to set it as my default. What's weird is if I use Firefox instead of IE, Arial is the only font there. Threre isn't any menus or any way to change it. Like I said, not a big deal just wondered if I was overlooking something.
I guess Tazza was right. I left the font Times New Roman and it switched to the normal forum font when I previewed and posted it. So I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's in "design" mode and not HTML. Sorry about being picky for nuthin'.....
emotion-10.gif

Latest posts