Sudden Vibration

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Train

I haven't looked into it yet but. The other day started up my s130, which didn't seem to have any problems the last time I used it. Right away, I noticed it had a lot of vibration just while sitting. Doesn't have to be moving. It seems to run fine other than that. So before I start looking into it, has anyone had anything similar? Any clues as what to look into first?

Tazza

Staff member
Without hearing it, i'd start by checking the blower, if a bearing/idler or even the fan has been damaged, it could shake/make lots of noise.
Hopefully it's not the engine, as you did sa it runs well, so start with the other parts.

OP
OP
T

Train

Without hearing it, i'd start by checking the blower, if a bearing/idler or even the fan has been damaged, it could shake/make lots of noise.
Hopefully it's not the engine, as you did sa it runs well, so start with the other parts.
Blower? Like turbo, or the big cooling blower that you can kind of see from that side vent. And if it's that one, is it accessible once you tip the cab?

Tazza

Staff member
Blower? Like turbo, or the big cooling blower that you can kind of see from that side vent. And if it's that one, is it accessible once you tip the cab?
I meant the cooling fan. Lifting the cab will give a little access, homefully enough to see if it is the cause of the vibration.
Get it started and lift the cab and look behind the cab and see if it's shaking around.

OP
OP
T

Train

I meant the cooling fan. Lifting the cab will give a little access, homefully enough to see if it is the cause of the vibration.
Get it started and lift the cab and look behind the cab and see if it's shaking around.
Thanks. I'll start there and hope it's something like that. Something right out in the open.

OP
OP
T

Train

Thanks. I'll start there and hope it's something like that. Something right out in the open.
Well, it turns out lifting the cab doesn't get you any access to the the fan at all. But if you look through the shroud on the side, it looks like it's got a fair bit of up and down movement while it's spinning. I guess we'll drop it down from the inside and see what gives.