Sudden Stops in bobcat 751 Park Brake

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Stephend

I have a Bobcat 751 with 1666 hours. My problem is this: While I am moving forward at about ½ throttle with or with a load the I heard a loud pop and the machine stops dead killing the motor or at less throttle it just stops and will not move. In order to get started again if it does not kill the engine is to shut off the engine, raise the bar then go through the normal start up process. Drop the bar, start the engine and push the release button. Sometimes I have to repeat the process a couple of times to get it to move again, It may be couple of minutes, a couple of hours or sometimes a couple days before it happens again. Is it my solenoid going bad or something more serious? Any suggestions are appreciated since I am new to the use of a Bobcat. I am using a tree shear with it clearing cedars.

skidsteer.ca

Here is some reading for you
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=19368
Re: 753 won't move
Re: 863 traction lock malfunction
parking brake problem 763f

I'd start by changing the spdt relay. It a 1 inch square plastic cube with 5 spade wire terminal contacts coming from one side. There will be 4 of them on most machines. On your model t is in with the fuses back beside the engine.
Labeled
Starter, Glow Plugs, Park Brake, and Accessories (I think)
New ones are about $8 from bobcat. It is essentially the switch that makes contact every time the brake is released and wears out eventually. If you can't fix it right away you can lift the cab and disable the "park pin" (aka brake) before you smash it off and it falls into the bottom of the chain case.
Hope that helps
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Here is some reading for you
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=19368
Re: 753 won't move
Re: 863 traction lock malfunction
parking brake problem 763f

I'd start by changing the spdt relay. It a 1 inch square plastic cube with 5 spade wire terminal contacts coming from one side. There will be 4 of them on most machines. On your model t is in with the fuses back beside the engine.
Labeled
Starter, Glow Plugs, Park Brake, and Accessories (I think)
New ones are about $8 from bobcat. It is essentially the switch that makes contact every time the brake is released and wears out eventually. If you can't fix it right away you can lift the cab and disable the "park pin" (aka brake) before you smash it off and it falls into the bottom of the chain case.
Hope that helps
Ken
If it still does it, you could have a bad connection on your hold coil of the solenoid too. Or a bad coil. Start with the cheap and easy fixes first! a new solenoid is around the $100 mark, but don't quote me on that.