Suction Screen Hydralic Tank

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I believe they did.
If its clogged, you won't get enough fuel to the engine. The primer bulb usually sucks its self flat.
At startup it may run well, but then bog down. Moving the throttle lever will have little to no effect on making it rev faster.

OP
OP
S

sspdiesel

I believe they did.
If its clogged, you won't get enough fuel to the engine. The primer bulb usually sucks its self flat.
At startup it may run well, but then bog down. Moving the throttle lever will have little to no effect on making it rev faster.
Thanks But asking about the hydralic tank Suction Tube screen

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks But asking about the hydralic tank Suction Tube screen
I think the older ones had something like that, but the newer ones do not (new as in 80s on). Some have a screen for where you pour in the oil, but not on the suction line to the pump

KevinZidaan

I think the older ones had something like that, but the newer ones do not (new as in 80s on). Some have a screen for where you pour in the oil, but not on the suction line to the pump
Best place for any filter is at output of valve body before it returns to tank. Some pressure is available to feed the filter and it won't increase cavitation in the pump due to supply restriction. Sure the old M isn't going to see a lot of hours so longevity isn't really a concern but cold oil problems go away, a smaller filter will work great, and your pump will thank you in the long run.

Latest posts