Steering lever squeaks

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

sjuanlu

Hi! right-hand steering lever squeaks when I push it forward in my bobcat 753H. I don't see any hydraulic leaks on the drive motor or anywhere. What could be problem? Regards.

reaperman

If you pop the cab up, there are grease zerks that lubricate the steering levers.

Tazza

Staff member
Any idea?
It's not coming from the centering plate or spring is it? you have 2 nylon bushings on the plate then you have a bushing where the spring pushes on the plate. Could it be one of these?

OP
OP
S

sjuanlu

It's not coming from the centering plate or spring is it? you have 2 nylon bushings on the plate then you have a bushing where the spring pushes on the plate. Could it be one of these?
I'm not sure what you're referring... Where is the plate and the nylon bushings? Regards

Tazza

Staff member
I'm not sure what you're referring... Where is the plate and the nylon bushings? Regards
This plate sits on top of your drive pump, every time you move a sterring lever, this plate moves.
Even your shock absorbers on the steering levers could be doing it.

OP
OP
S

sjuanlu

This plate sits on top of your drive pump, every time you move a sterring lever, this plate moves.
Even your shock absorbers on the steering levers could be doing it.
Ok, thanks for the info. I will check it. Do you think that the squeak can come from right axle?... I see the internal foam soaked in water and old oil but in this zone I have not found any leak. I washed that area to get a good look at the leaks and found nothing, and I think that's why It's dropping. Also, I found a lot of oil in drive train, above the level. I think that is not the motive the right axle foam soked but It's better to have the oil in just level. Regards.

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, thanks for the info. I will check it. Do you think that the squeak can come from right axle?... I see the internal foam soaked in water and old oil but in this zone I have not found any leak. I washed that area to get a good look at the leaks and found nothing, and I think that's why It's dropping. Also, I found a lot of oil in drive train, above the level. I think that is not the motive the right axle foam soked but It's better to have the oil in just level. Regards.
It is possible it's coming from the axle, what about moving the levers with the motor turned off? if it makes noise, it's not the axle, but something in the linkages.

OP
OP
S

sjuanlu

It is possible it's coming from the axle, what about moving the levers with the motor turned off? if it makes noise, it's not the axle, but something in the linkages.
Hi! When I move the levers with the motor turned off doesn't makes noise. I think the lever rubs against the pump with the engine vibrations. I can see a light wear in that area. I will put a little of grease to lube that zone I will check again. Regards.

Latest posts