Steering and speed adjustment

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

BSW

I have a S175 and the reverse speed is quite a bit faster than the foward speed. The foward speed is slower than my previous 743. The tech at the dealership said to bring it in and figured it was a two hour fix. Anyone familar with this, I looked at the adjustments but havent done anything yet. Doesnt look that complicated but I have been down that road before. Also I had to replace the main hydralic line on the back of the pump, will I have to bleed the system to get it running again? Thanks BSW

Kermode

It sounds like your steering lever linkage needs adjustment. Very likely your levers go back farther than they go forward. Lift the cab and check out the two bars from the steering levers to the pumps. They should be slotted in the middle with two 3/8 bolts holding them together. Loosen those bolts and the steering lever position can be adjusted. No, you don't have to bleed the hyd system. Just fire it up and it will work the air out all by itself.

Tazza

Staff member
It sounds like your steering lever linkage needs adjustment. Very likely your levers go back farther than they go forward. Lift the cab and check out the two bars from the steering levers to the pumps. They should be slotted in the middle with two 3/8 bolts holding them together. Loosen those bolts and the steering lever position can be adjusted. No, you don't have to bleed the hyd system. Just fire it up and it will work the air out all by itself.
I found my S250 had this same issue. I did the exact same thing that Kermode suggests. My steering levers were bottoming out on the steel frame that the levers go through. It takes a little fiddling to get them to stroke the same forward and back and not touch the plate, but its a simple adjustment.