Startup clicking

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wollman

We are having an issue with startup - it had just been running without issue, turned it off and went to start it maybe 10 minutes later, with this issue that made it seem like it wasn't the battery.

Any help on what the cause might be is appreciated.

brdgbldr

Could still be the battery. The computer systems in Bobcats are very sensitive. Any low voltage or bad ground connection causes all sorts of problems with the computer and sensors.

I would check the battery voltage and load, clean both battery terminals and grounding points, and if that doesn't change anything move on to other diagnoses.

mrbb

could be a bad starter relay
like stated, check all connections, and if good, pull battery and have battery load tested

wtinc1968

We are having an issue with startup - it had just been running without issue, turned it off and went to start it maybe 10 minutes later, with this issue that made it seem like it wasn't the battery.

Any help on what the cause might be is appreciated.
Check the connection on you negative terminal where it attaches to the frame

mrbb

I will add this too, just cause, I don;'t know if you have a master power shut off/battery disconnect! or not
but over the yrs I have had a few battery disconnect power shut off switches fail, and as they started to fail, they stopped letting full voltage thru them, , would have a good solid battery and that would run into shut off, but come out of shut off at less volts and amps, which in turn would cause starting issues including the clicking sound you have now!

I now actually keep a spare disconnect switch on hand , as they don't seem to last as long as they used too, cheap junk being made today even the high end models ! be it a 20 dollar disconnect or a 150 dollar one's, been lasting the same for me!, what a shame!

but something else to consider for you!

Latest posts