Starting to manufacture skidsteer attachments

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

nailsbeats

Well, I'm finally going to take a shot at manufacturing skidsteer attachments. Right now we are set up to do low profile buckets, but the sky seems to be the limit.
Here is what I am thinking of to start. Buckets, Forks, Bale Spears, Woodsplitters, Tree Spades, Stump Grapples, Grapple Buckets, Feed Buckets, Manure Pushers, etc. We have a lot of farms around here, so many products will be agriculture related.
I am thinking about a name for the new line. Ideas on names and products would be appreciated (I know you guys have many). So much to think about. Thanks in advance for any input.

farmboy55

?? Don't know about a good name. Where are you located? We can help you with your research & testing. If I can't break it, then it has to be built good. dennis

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

?? Don't know about a good name. Where are you located? We can help you with your research & testing. If I can't break it, then it has to be built good. dennis
Dennis, I'm in Stanley, Wisconsin. Trinity Trailers is our company name, so need something that fits for attachments. Already have 1 order for a 20ton woodsplitter, its a start.

trg753

I am out here in Idaho. Sounds good on starting up a business. How about a name like: SkidMate Attachments Just a thought Did you come up with a good tree shear attachment? Tom

sterlclan

I am out here in Idaho. Sounds good on starting up a business. How about a name like: SkidMate Attachments Just a thought Did you come up with a good tree shear attachment? Tom
trinity attachments......................quality,dependability and price

skidsteer.ca

trinity attachments......................quality,dependability and price
I agree, if you have an established name in manufacturing I would just add to it to to reflect your expanded product line.
Trinity Trailers
Trinity Attachments

or
Trinity Manufacturing
Trailers, Attachments, Custom Fabrication
Ken

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

I agree, if you have an established name in manufacturing I would just add to it to to reflect your expanded product line.
Trinity Trailers
Trinity Attachments

or
Trinity Manufacturing
Trailers, Attachments, Custom Fabrication
Ken
Sounds like most of you think Trinity Attachments, thats kind of what I was thinking too. I hadn't thought of Skidmate, very nice, has great potential. We have a good name already, probably will just add "attachments" to it, though its too early to rule anything out.
As far as my tree shear, yeh it works excellent. I want to take it slow and simple to start and work our way up to something like that. Thanks guys.

madeen2

Sounds like most of you think Trinity Attachments, thats kind of what I was thinking too. I hadn't thought of Skidmate, very nice, has great potential. We have a good name already, probably will just add "attachments" to it, though its too early to rule anything out.
As far as my tree shear, yeh it works excellent. I want to take it slow and simple to start and work our way up to something like that. Thanks guys.
Trinity's got a nice ring to it. I like it

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

Trinity's got a nice ring to it. I like it
I just got my first order for 10 buckets today, so it is official. I am going to be setting up a web site for our business with our products on it as soon as we are finnished changing our name. It will take some time to develop, but not that long if I can help it.

Tazza

Staff member
I just got my first order for 10 buckets today, so it is official. I am going to be setting up a web site for our business with our products on it as soon as we are finnished changing our name. It will take some time to develop, but not that long if I can help it.
Good work!
Glad you got into the market, i look forward to seeing all the new attachments you develop and i may even harass you for the designs for some :)

nobull1

A good quality product at a great price should work wonders for your business. Good luck and keep us informed.

Brian

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

A good quality product at a great price should work wonders for your business. Good luck and keep us informed.

Brian
Well the name is Trophy Attachments. We are changing our business name to Trophy Trailers. We have already manufactured 13 low profile buckets, 1 tooth bucket, and 1 grapple bucket under that name. We have decals on our products so you can't miss them. It's a good start. I am kind of looking at building a prototype brush mower right now.

grandpatractor

Well the name is Trophy Attachments. We are changing our business name to Trophy Trailers. We have already manufactured 13 low profile buckets, 1 tooth bucket, and 1 grapple bucket under that name. We have decals on our products so you can't miss them. It's a good start. I am kind of looking at building a prototype brush mower right now.
The new name has a nice ring to it. You have to let us know when you get your web site upp and running.

bobcat_ron

The new name has a nice ring to it. You have to let us know when you get your web site upp and running.
I'd like to see a bucket that has a 1" thick bottom and 3/4" thick sides with a bolt on cutting edge tht sits flush with the bottom of the bucket. Most skid steer buckets are too thin, bottom and sides, and the BOE edge never lets you put the bucket flat on the ground, you always have to raise the loader up a bit, that really annoys me.
Also a set of pallet forks with hydraulic sliding forks that can be used to pinch certain materials if needed.

OP
OP
N

nailsbeats

I'd like to see a bucket that has a 1" thick bottom and 3/4" thick sides with a bolt on cutting edge tht sits flush with the bottom of the bucket. Most skid steer buckets are too thin, bottom and sides, and the BOE edge never lets you put the bucket flat on the ground, you always have to raise the loader up a bit, that really annoys me.
Also a set of pallet forks with hydraulic sliding forks that can be used to pinch certain materials if needed.
Ron, I doubt the 1" thick bucket will fly. 2 reasons I can see that nobody makes them would be price and weight. I really like the hydraulic sliding fork idea, probably quite marketable.

Ron, I doubt the 1" thick bucket will fly. 2 reasons I can see that nobody makes them would be price and weight. I really like the hydraulic sliding fork idea, probably quite marketable.
1" thick bucket - what kind of machine would be needed to push it? I don't think cat dozers have that thick.