Starting procedure for a 600?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Hondaman900

I have the service manual, but no operating manual, for my M600 (Wisconsin gas engine) and it refers to the "correct" starting procedure. Can anyone enlighten me with a step-by-step on how this should be done? Maybe then she'll start for me :)
Thanks,
Stephen

sterlclan

I have a 630 with about the same engine I check oil pull the choke give a little throttle and start it up opening the choke a little at first and when itll idle with no choke increase engine speed from there hope this helps Jeff

OP
OP
H

Hondaman900

I have a 630 with about the same engine I check oil pull the choke give a little throttle and start it up opening the choke a little at first and when itll idle with no choke increase engine speed from there hope this helps Jeff
Thank you, this is very helpful. When you say "check oil" what do you mean? The rest makes perfect sense.
Thanks
Stephen

skidsteer.ca

Thank you, this is very helpful. When you say "check oil" what do you mean? The rest makes perfect sense.
Thanks
Stephen
Just check the engine oil level (dipstick) , most people do it daily, especially until you get to know how much oil the machine consumes (hopefully none but likely a little) and if you have a oil pressure guage it a good idea to check for pressure at startup and monitor it periodically during operation of the machine
Ken

OP
OP
H

Hondaman900

Just check the engine oil level (dipstick) , most people do it daily, especially until you get to know how much oil the machine consumes (hopefully none but likely a little) and if you have a oil pressure guage it a good idea to check for pressure at startup and monitor it periodically during operation of the machine
Ken
I'm guessing its ok to check it while cold? What type of oil does it need, and also, would low oil prevent it from starting up? I don't have an oil pressure gauge, I'm afraid. I also think the dipstick doesn't belong to the engine as it doesn't seat in all the way.
Thanks for all the help.

OP
OP
H

Hondaman900

I'm guessing its ok to check it while cold? What type of oil does it need, and also, would low oil prevent it from starting up? I don't have an oil pressure gauge, I'm afraid. I also think the dipstick doesn't belong to the engine as it doesn't seat in all the way.
Thanks for all the help.
I checked and there's oil and it looks clean. The dipstick is likely off something else, as it seems to bottom out before it gets all the way down. But it shows 2-3 inches of oil, above it's full mark. I just fixed the fuel pump so will try to start her later after I get a fuel filter.
thanks

OP
OP
H

Hondaman900

I checked and there's oil and it looks clean. The dipstick is likely off something else, as it seems to bottom out before it gets all the way down. But it shows 2-3 inches of oil, above it's full mark. I just fixed the fuel pump so will try to start her later after I get a fuel filter.
thanks
Fires up and runs great - thanks guys!
Now I have to find the fueltank drain as the rust and dirt clog up the fuel filter quickly. I need to drain the crap out of the gas tank, but can't find a drain plug.
Any idea where it is?