Starter rebuild 742b

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

don701

I'm trying to find a starter and also an alternator rebuild kit for my 742b bobcay, any ideas? They seem to think rebuilt ones are made of gold. Thanks! Don

mllud

Don
You can usually find a alternator /srarter rebuild shop nearby. The two go together as a specialty. Its a lot cheaper and your not paying for the wholesaler and the retailer to get their cut.
Mike

skidsteer.ca

Don
You can usually find a alternator /srarter rebuild shop nearby. The two go together as a specialty. Its a lot cheaper and your not paying for the wholesaler and the retailer to get their cut.
Mike
If you have a Mondo alternator a GM Delco is a direct bolt up. I second the rebuilder shops.
ken

Frederick

If you have a Mondo alternator a GM Delco is a direct bolt up. I second the rebuilder shops.
ken
Having just had a Denso starter rebuilt for a New Holland LS140, a few comments: 1) If your starter has an overrunning clutch, make sure the performance of it is assessed under load. My starter was rebuilt fine electrically but mechanically the overrunning clutch failed w/ the high compression of the rebuilt motor. Unloaded starter testing is of limited value. 2) Rebuild cost was $300 (parts and labor), new Denso starter was $600. Rebuild included bearings, plunger, contacts and finally had to also include the clutch. 3) As always make sure ALL electrical connections are clean, tight, and in good condition. If in doubt to test, jumper with known good cables (like jumper cables) for Vbatt supply to starter motor.