squeling on a 7753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jrbean1

I get a sqealing noise sometimes when I am just driving the machine. It loses very little power that is noticeable and when the sqealing stops the power comes back. It feels like you have a little drag similar to a break pad sticking. But I know there is break pad sticking. Also if I depress the petal to lower bucket and when it is fully down I get the sqeal noise. When the bucket is fully down and if I don't release the petal as soon as the bucket is all the way down the squeal will go away after about 3-5 seconds. I changed the hyd. filter and the fluid level is good. It does have lifting power I have 3300 hours on the machine. Any ideas??? I do not have a pressure gauge to test the pump is there some way I could test it with out a gauge??? thanks

OP
OP
J

jrbean1

Check the drive belt tension. Also check that the bearing in the belt idler isn't going bad.
My aux. hyd. is not stuck tomarrow I will check the belt tensioner. If it is that hopefully it will not cost that much thanks for the replys

Tazza

Staff member
My aux. hyd. is not stuck tomarrow I will check the belt tensioner. If it is that hopefully it will not cost that much thanks for the replys
I too would assume it's the drive belt, the adjustment can be hard to do as access is not great, but can be done. The tensioner is rather expensive though, hopefully it's still in good shape.

OP
OP
J

jrbean1

I too would assume it's the drive belt, the adjustment can be hard to do as access is not great, but can be done. The tensioner is rather expensive though, hopefully it's still in good shape.
Well all i had to do was to tighten up the belt. Thanks for all the imput. I have to tell you what happen though. As I was tighen up the bolt the socket came off the head of the bolt I thought. But when I looked for the head of the bolt it was gone. I said to myself I am so ****** screwed. But the threads that was in engine block came out with a pair of plyers.. How lucky could I have been..... I know there is a torex for the bolt but when you are tightening the bolt you say just a little more and whamm you are screwed.. We all is fixed just in time for winter storm...... thanks again Roy

Tazza

Staff member
Well all i had to do was to tighten up the belt. Thanks for all the imput. I have to tell you what happen though. As I was tighen up the bolt the socket came off the head of the bolt I thought. But when I looked for the head of the bolt it was gone. I said to myself I am so ****** screwed. But the threads that was in engine block came out with a pair of plyers.. How lucky could I have been..... I know there is a torex for the bolt but when you are tightening the bolt you say just a little more and whamm you are screwed.. We all is fixed just in time for winter storm...... thanks again Roy
Oh, i know that feeling all too well. You were lucky that it broke where it did or else it was a nightmare job to get it out.
Good to hear it was just the belt slipping.

Terexnorthfl

Oh, i know that feeling all too well. You were lucky that it broke where it did or else it was a nightmare job to get it out.
Good to hear it was just the belt slipping.
Man, you are blessed. if that broke on me I would have had to pull the engine.