speed sensor?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bigc

i have bobcat skid steer s300 a newer on all hand controls 2 speed ect. i think the speed sensor is going out..... where is it and where can i get a new one? only from the dealer? thanks!

mrdeere1959

big c do not think I am picking on you but I am going to .vent a little. lol. There are many questions on this forum that would be ansewered with a service manual. As someone who works on bobcat everyday I am always using a manual. Many on this forum complain about the cost of a manual. Its ok to spend 10 to 30 thousand on a machine but not 80 buck for a manual? I will now get off my soap box. lol that being said call your dealer. I know that I email many pages from manuals to customers.

Tazza

Staff member
big c do not think I am picking on you but I am going to .vent a little. lol. There are many questions on this forum that would be ansewered with a service manual. As someone who works on bobcat everyday I am always using a manual. Many on this forum complain about the cost of a manual. Its ok to spend 10 to 30 thousand on a machine but not 80 buck for a manual? I will now get off my soap box. lol that being said call your dealer. I know that I email many pages from manuals to customers.
I tend to agree that a manual really is a must.
The sensor should be screwed into the bell housing near the starter motor.
What issues are you having that you feel it could be the sensor?

OP
OP
B

bigc

I tend to agree that a manual really is a must.
The sensor should be screwed into the bell housing near the starter motor.
What issues are you having that you feel it could be the sensor?
it will randomly give me codes and it does this thing where it will go normal then go slow and i have to push the speed up button and on the screen it says spd 90 and i can change it down and the some time it cant move at all the codes it gives me are, 75-95 ,,, 75-94 ,,, 39-05 ,,,39-07 i cant find them it the code book it came with, and with that someone said it could be the speed sensor

Tazza

Staff member
it will randomly give me codes and it does this thing where it will go normal then go slow and i have to push the speed up button and on the screen it says spd 90 and i can change it down and the some time it cant move at all the codes it gives me are, 75-95 ,,, 75-94 ,,, 39-05 ,,,39-07 i cant find them it the code book it came with, and with that someone said it could be the speed sensor
75-95 left speed sensor reverse direction
75-94 unresponsive left speed sensor
39-05 Left CAN joystick X-axis not in neutral
39-07 Left CAN joystick Y-axis not in neutral
Sounds like you may just need to calibrate the left hand joystick?

Bobcatdan

75-95 left speed sensor reverse direction
75-94 unresponsive left speed sensor
39-05 Left CAN joystick X-axis not in neutral
39-07 Left CAN joystick Y-axis not in neutral
Sounds like you may just need to calibrate the left hand joystick?
Take it to a dealer. Bobcat has stopped using the wheel speed sensors. There is a software update that does away with them. That is consided the fix for speed sensor problems. You also have joystick codes which could be as simple as you having your hand on stick when you start it. Otherwise could be the stick itself. A service manual would be absolutely uesless to figure out code problems.

7LBSSMALLIE

Take it to a dealer. Bobcat has stopped using the wheel speed sensors. There is a software update that does away with them. That is consided the fix for speed sensor problems. You also have joystick codes which could be as simple as you having your hand on stick when you start it. Otherwise could be the stick itself. A service manual would be absolutely uesless to figure out code problems.
latest and greatest. movement has measured. (in thePAST) from wheel speed sensor as well as swash plate position sensor. both beieng a safety related issue. a common code was uncommanded movement. (for instance pushing youreself back with bucket) computer sayining hey stupid i moved and you didint tell me to. creatining a code// apperantly this is reduntent. the fix for this is to dissconnect wheel speed sensors. upgrade software to support this change. only relyining on swash plate postion sensors. along with the software upgrade are some additional bennys. off the cuff the ability to correct trackining issiues. ( as in j trackining left or right on long distances.. additional speed control. etc live it learn it youll like it. as bcd stated it a propitiery software thing. get youre thosand hr svc done . have them down load codes so they yell at you for the 135 dirty air filter codes. pardon the dissertation. guys i know alot of you do youre own maint. AND DO IT WELL. but we are bhighly trained and highly motiveted PROS. abreast of all the latested and greatest. thogh spellinining and grammer seems to elude us. and once again i would like to reiterate (drive motor outer hub lube change interval decreased to 250 hrs ( GET IT DONE)