Spare tire(s) lock

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Fellas, I have 4 spare tires, one for the truck, one for the trailer and two (12X16.5) for the bobcat. What kind of lock (s) are you using?. All my spares will be standing in a upright position to take up less room, the spare tire for the truck will be mounted on the flat bed behind the driver.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Perry

OP
OP
P

perry

OH! one more thing, I also need to secure the spares so they don't rattle around.
Thanks

sterlclan

OH! one more thing, I also need to secure the spares so they don't rattle around.
Thanks
Ive used a bolt/allthread/threaded rod through the middle of the rim a plate with a hole and a nut with a flat bar with a hole in it welded to it and a short length of chain and a padlock before...Jeff

OP
OP
P

perry

Ive used a bolt/allthread/threaded rod through the middle of the rim a plate with a hole and a nut with a flat bar with a hole in it welded to it and a short length of chain and a padlock before...Jeff
Yeah! I thought about that Jeff, I tried to find 4 locks that use the same key? with little luck!

Fishfiles

Yeah! I thought about that Jeff, I tried to find 4 locks that use the same key? with little luck!
Home Depot sells Master Locks 4 in a pack with the small key ----for locking them up I have a Master cable lock I use to lock up my trailer tires , it clinches it's self and comes in like 10 and 20 ft lenghts , run it thru the center holes of the rims aorund the outside the tire and lock it down