Sources for High pressure hydraulic filter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

Does anyone know where a high presure inline hydraulic filter can be purchased for a resonable price. 3000psi and 20 gpm min specs. Thanks in advance. Ken

Tazza

Staff member
I don't think they exist, that is why they put filters on the low pressure return line with an in-built by-pass valve, so if the pressure is too high it will not cause the filter element to burst and scatter all the filtered particles back into the oil.

OP
OP
skidsteer.ca

skidsteer.ca

I don't think they exist, that is why they put filters on the low pressure return line with an in-built by-pass valve, so if the pressure is too high it will not cause the filter element to burst and scatter all the filtered particles back into the oil.
I have one on my log slasher, right in the pressure line between the vickers pump and the volvo motor that runs the saw. Previous owner said it is there to protect the motor and the pump would go over relief if it plugged. (no bypass) Its a canister type filter, not a spin on, canister must be 3/8 thick wall steel. Other then filters being pricy ($60 usd) it has given no trouble. Flows @40 gpm at 2500psi. Spins a 60" saw at 1500 rpm, cross cut through 15 trees in a second or so. I'd like one for my brusher, as a renter wiped the motor out this past season, (ran 50 feet and seized, hyd shop said dirty quick couplers, makes sense, long enough for dirt to get to motor) Local hyd shop said these filters are about $1000 cdn. Motor was only $450 I realize most filters are a low press return filter, just because they cost alot less to make. But hi press are available, if I can find a resonable priced source. Also hyd bobcat filters must be a higher press (not 2500 psi though) as they are quite heavy too. Do they run at charge press?? Thanks for the help. Ken

Tazza

Staff member
I have one on my log slasher, right in the pressure line between the vickers pump and the volvo motor that runs the saw. Previous owner said it is there to protect the motor and the pump would go over relief if it plugged. (no bypass) Its a canister type filter, not a spin on, canister must be 3/8 thick wall steel. Other then filters being pricy ($60 usd) it has given no trouble. Flows @40 gpm at 2500psi. Spins a 60" saw at 1500 rpm, cross cut through 15 trees in a second or so. I'd like one for my brusher, as a renter wiped the motor out this past season, (ran 50 feet and seized, hyd shop said dirty quick couplers, makes sense, long enough for dirt to get to motor) Local hyd shop said these filters are about $1000 cdn. Motor was only $450 I realize most filters are a low press return filter, just because they cost alot less to make. But hi press are available, if I can find a resonable priced source. Also hyd bobcat filters must be a higher press (not 2500 psi though) as they are quite heavy too. Do they run at charge press?? Thanks for the help. Ken
I do believe the bobcat ones run at charge pressure, on my 743 the oil returns through the oil cooler then to the hydraulic filter then to the super charge port on the hydrostatic pump. i *think* i read somewhere that max working pressure of 200 PSI on a filter.