Some 743B questions

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RobPg1967

743B owners .. maybe you can help out on these 1.Did these 743's come equipped with block heaters from the factory ? If so - I cant find the plug. I use the glow plug switch but it would be nice to plug it in also.############ 2.My 743 creeps forward slowly in neutral - the previous owner had it serviced for this problem but it still creeps- and the emergency break has been removed. I have all the manuals but it doesnt say how to fix the creeping. Any ideas ?################ 3.Bobcat wants $ 1000.00 for a front door ... are they out of thier mind ??? if anyone has a used one let me know . ( I dont want plexi or velcro )############# 4. My light switch has 3 settings - first one does nothing - second is front lights third is rear lights. What is this first setting for ? ############### 5.Did these 743's come with a factory installed horn ?? If so - wheres the button ?############### Thanks for any info and this site is very helpful ..

Tazza

Staff member
Ok, as for the machine creeping forward, that is because your hydrostatic pump is not set to neutral, the person that set this obviously didn't get it rite (its a cow of a job to get rite). Your machine should have a parking brake to stop it creeping down hills when you turn the machine off.

As for the switch, i have no idea what the first setting does either, mine does the same, nothing, front lights, then front and back lights.

As for a factory horn, they do not have one as standard, there is an optional kit for this, they run a switch up the right or left control arm and mount a switch at the top for your thumb.

A block heater, i don't believe these are factory installed.

goodtech

There was no factory block heater installed on the 743. As for the door, yes bobcat is out of there minds, I have scene come door that people made and they have came out pretty nice, maybe go down to your local machine shop and see how much they will charge you to build one, they are pretty simple door because the cab is square, unlike the "G" series machines. As for the horn they are not factory installed, either is the back up alarm, bobcat does make kits for it for though. And for the creeping... lake tazz said they can be a headache to adjust, and that is probally why your brake is gone. When the unit creeps with the brake on it usally ends up killing the machine so I have scene alot of people pull them out because they don't want to spend the money in fixing the steering. Good luck with your machine.

OP
OP
RobPg1967

RobPg1967

There was no factory block heater installed on the 743. As for the door, yes bobcat is out of there minds, I have scene come door that people made and they have came out pretty nice, maybe go down to your local machine shop and see how much they will charge you to build one, they are pretty simple door because the cab is square, unlike the "G" series machines. As for the horn they are not factory installed, either is the back up alarm, bobcat does make kits for it for though. And for the creeping... lake tazz said they can be a headache to adjust, and that is probally why your brake is gone. When the unit creeps with the brake on it usally ends up killing the machine so I have scene alot of people pull them out because they don't want to spend the money in fixing the steering. Good luck with your machine.
Thanks alot for the info ... I think will take the machine to my local dealer and have hime fix the crreping and maybe install a new emergency brake ... although I have the manuals and have alot of experience with equipment repair .... the adjustments of pumps etc . isnt my specialty at all. I posted a pic of the 743 with the plow set up ive just finished and Im very surprised at how good the loader handles the 10 ft. plow ... a little snow and I'm looking forward to trying it out . I looked at the heater install pics ( on the picture link) but seems like the engine in the pics is not anywhere near what mine looks like . Mine is a Kubota . Anyway - thx again for the info - I will be checking in regularly !!

trg753

RobPg1967, I have a 753 Bobcat and and it does not have a block heater either. I called the dealer and they told me to install the heater on the head. On mine I just had to take out the soft plug on the end of the head and it works great. It has a Kabota engine.

Tazza

Staff member
RobPg1967, I have a 753 Bobcat and and it does not have a block heater either. I called the dealer and they told me to install the heater on the head. On mine I just had to take out the soft plug on the end of the head and it works great. It has a Kabota engine.
If nothing else, i would buy a new park brake.
On my 743 i have a problem geting the hydrostatics to centre, they are very close but not quite there, all i do is when i stop or start i take the brake off so it won't damage my pumps. You know if its on, it makes a god awfull grinding sound and the controls fly forward as the engine stalls.
As goodtech told me, they can be a total pig to get rite, it is a job you can do your self it just takes some fiddling (and lots of beer). If you wish to give it a go, i can scan the pages of my manual for you, if nothing else, it may reduce the creeping for you.
I would never run a bobcat without a park brake, *if* you blew a hydraulic line and lost all or most of your hydraulic oil you would have NO way to stop if you were up a hill. Believe me, they run down hills really fast when they have no oil left in the motors! I was moving a dead unit with one of my machines and it jumped over the chocks i had under the wheels, the chase was on! but the story did end well, i managed to grab it by the bucket's rams, yet another use for 4 in 1 buckets, catching bobcats :)

Latest posts