snow plow

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Land-Tech

http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/LANDTEKK/P1230002.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/LANDTEKK/P1230006.jpg
http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg301/LANDTEKK/P1230008.jpg
Finally got the plow built and finished. used what I had around the yard, one wrecked western tri plow,take a small dozer and remove draw bar and throw away dozer, square tubing from old lumber rack, assemble into something that will plow snow. Next time I will throw away the tri-plow cause it was a lot work and hassle to weld together and looks pretty rough. scott

OP
OP
L

Land-Tech

P1230002.jpg image by LANDTEKK

P1230006.jpg image by LANDTEKK

P1230008.jpg image by LANDTEKK

hope this works better scott

OP
OP
L

Land-Tech

Looks good. Have you tried it much yet? how does it work with the long frame? should be able to stack snow pretty high.
Yes I did. Had a 3 or 4" snow fall Friday so I plowed all day Saturday. This plow is a updated version of what I have been using the last ten years.
The cutting edge is 6' from the backboard so I can stack about 15'. I think having the blade out there gives more pushing power. I don't use trip edges or backboard spring cause they fold over when I stack heavy snow.
Using the forks gives you a very stout backboard and really saves on materiel and time. The dozer hitch gave me ready made pin holes plus the strength needed to take all the abuse.The hitch was actually dug up when built my house. My lot is part of an old dairy farm.
I did narrow the distance between the cylinders from 24" to 20" so that the blade would rotate more. I've gone to grade eight bolts for pins because they are easier to get.
I modified the wings so that when I change the cutting edge angle, the corners of the wings won't dig in. They also help when I'm backdragging from a steep drive to a flat street the corners don't scrape as much.
I plow to make a living so the thing has to work for me. I used and expermented with all kinds of cofigurations for the my skidsteer.I do recycle junk so the appearance is rough. The plow gives enough that the cutting edge is always flat even coming from offcamber drive.
Thanks for the compliment,Scott

OP
OP
L

Land-Tech

Yes I did. Had a 3 or 4" snow fall Friday so I plowed all day Saturday. This plow is a updated version of what I have been using the last ten years.
The cutting edge is 6' from the backboard so I can stack about 15'. I think having the blade out there gives more pushing power. I don't use trip edges or backboard spring cause they fold over when I stack heavy snow.
Using the forks gives you a very stout backboard and really saves on materiel and time. The dozer hitch gave me ready made pin holes plus the strength needed to take all the abuse.The hitch was actually dug up when built my house. My lot is part of an old dairy farm.
I did narrow the distance between the cylinders from 24" to 20" so that the blade would rotate more. I've gone to grade eight bolts for pins because they are easier to get.
I modified the wings so that when I change the cutting edge angle, the corners of the wings won't dig in. They also help when I'm backdragging from a steep drive to a flat street the corners don't scrape as much.
I plow to make a living so the thing has to work for me. I used and expermented with all kinds of cofigurations for the my skidsteer.I do recycle junk so the appearance is rough. The plow gives enough that the cutting edge is always flat even coming from offcamber drive.
Thanks for the compliment,Scott
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN8MNZVwgXQ
This is how it works.There wasn't much snow and I was bored.

OP
OP
L

Land-Tech

nice job on the plow...how much snow do you get annually?
We average 2or 3 snow events a month,Nov thru Mar. I've been in Anchorage 24 years and the last ten have been warm and less snowfall. 0 degrees last week ,low 30's this week. Really unpredictable.One snowfall so far this year so we are behind again.Frustrating for steady cash flow.Thanks Scott

Latest posts