Small Hyd. cylinders

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

triad

Merry Christmas all, I hope everyone is doing well. I need to find two cylinders for a snow blade. From center to center on the bolt holes I need 10"-11". I thought these would be easy to find local but no luck. Steve

skidsteer.ca

Seasons greetings, that a pretty short cylinder. Is that the colapsed length? How long does it need to get to to achieve the desired angle? (stroke) You can buy meyers or western snow blade cylinders for around 125 each or check out www.surpluscenter.com for their selection. you also need to know what your relief pressure is for your loader and buy a cylinder theat is equal to or higher then that pressure.
How wide is your blade.
Ken

OP
OP
T

triad

Seasons greetings, that a pretty short cylinder. Is that the colapsed length? How long does it need to get to to achieve the desired angle? (stroke) You can buy meyers or western snow blade cylinders for around 125 each or check out www.surpluscenter.com for their selection. you also need to know what your relief pressure is for your loader and buy a cylinder theat is equal to or higher then that pressure.
How wide is your blade.
Ken
Thats collapsed length, with a 9' blade. Meyers 10" is longer than this. I might have to get in and out and use armstrong hydraulics.

OP
OP
T

triad

Thats collapsed length, with a 9' blade. Meyers 10" is longer than this. I might have to get in and out and use armstrong hydraulics.
I think it's around 17" extended wich I guess I would have to keep an eye on it when doing so.

Tazza

Staff member
Everything I've seen is too long. I think I'm going to do it manualy. Thanks for the help.
How are the cylinders too long, you mean the stroke?
You could cheat and install a spacer inside the cylinder that will limit the travel of the stick. My 743 lift arm rams have this simple setup to limit the extension length. Its essentially a sleeve that runs on the stick and stops when the piston bottoms out on it between the gland nut.

OP
OP
T

triad

How are the cylinders too long, you mean the stroke?
You could cheat and install a spacer inside the cylinder that will limit the travel of the stick. My 743 lift arm rams have this simple setup to limit the extension length. Its essentially a sleeve that runs on the stick and stops when the piston bottoms out on it between the gland nut.
I have limited space where I can mount the cyl. and no room to move the brackets.