Slow arm-bucket operation 853

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

Moved this thread to general repairs....... Change hyd. fluid, filters, belts. The bucket tilts and the arms operate very slow and not all the time, went through the cycle of lifting all the way up and tilted the bucket all the way down. I played with the throttle and it seems to operate fine when the engine is throttled down????. When I rev it up the arms and bucket move slower. I read the manual and it says either the lift spool ( which I cannot find in the manual?) or the pump is bad. Any help appreciated fella's. Can someone tell me where the lift spool is located on my 853 mod# 512819835 Thanks

farmboy55

The lift spool is where your linkage frm your ft pedal connect's at the valve body. Is it your lift arm's that at not working right or all of your hyds ? Need to narrow the problem down a little. My 853 had no dwn pressure on the bucket tilt, like it was in float position. I had a peice of metal stuck in the anti cav. valve holding it open. was lucky took about 5 min. to fix and zero cash. I had just replaced the hyd pump, that is where the metal fragment came frm. dennis

OP
OP
P

perry

The lift spool is where your linkage frm your ft pedal connect's at the valve body. Is it your lift arm's that at not working right or all of your hyds ? Need to narrow the problem down a little. My 853 had no dwn pressure on the bucket tilt, like it was in float position. I had a peice of metal stuck in the anti cav. valve holding it open. was lucky took about 5 min. to fix and zero cash. I had just replaced the hyd pump, that is where the metal fragment came frm. dennis
It drives and turns just fine, when I first started it up after replacing hyd. fluid and filters, it worked just fine, then it went in slow motion. Tried again yesterday afteroon, sometimes the arms and bucket would work slow and, sometimes they would not move?. The manual says the pump or lift spool could be problem. Thanks

goodtech

It drives and turns just fine, when I first started it up after replacing hyd. fluid and filters, it worked just fine, then it went in slow motion. Tried again yesterday afteroon, sometimes the arms and bucket would work slow and, sometimes they would not move?. The manual says the pump or lift spool could be problem. Thanks
Check your main relief, that sounds like the problem

OP
OP
P

perry

Check your main relief, that sounds like the problem
Can you tell me where the main relief valve is located, haven't had this machine long and still learning.......... Thanks. I wish there was a diagram detailing what is what?

Tazza

Staff member
Can you tell me where the main relief valve is located, haven't had this machine long and still learning.......... Thanks. I wish there was a diagram detailing what is what?
It will be in your control block, it will look like a bolt with a bit sticking up from the head (if that makes sense) it will be by its self, not pairs like your spools. It should even have a number stamped on it.
I hope this is of some help, no doubt someone else can tell you exactly where it is located.

skidsteer.ca

It will be in your control block, it will look like a bolt with a bit sticking up from the head (if that makes sense) it will be by its self, not pairs like your spools. It should even have a number stamped on it.
I hope this is of some help, no doubt someone else can tell you exactly where it is located.
B sure you don't just have your aux hydraulics activated.
The 2 little green lights should be off unless you are using your aux.
This should shut off every time you turn off the key though
Ken

goodtech

B sure you don't just have your aux hydraulics activated.
The 2 little green lights should be off unless you are using your aux.
This should shut off every time you turn off the key though
Ken
forgot about that stupid auxillary switch, getting to use to the new machines

OP
OP
P

perry

forgot about that stupid auxillary switch, getting to use to the new machines
Would the aux switch be on the upper righ panel under the gauges? or, on the handles?. All my controls are on the handles. I don't even know how to turn on the aux hyd. man!!, I'll be glad when I've learned enough to work on this machine without so much help.

Latest posts