sliding 1840 cab forward????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

ddove1972

I have a Case 1840 skid steer. I was told that you can slide the cab forward to get better access to the motor. Does anyone have instructions how to do this?

Frank Y

Its pretty easy to do. I like to have the access when I change the oil and filters. It says the step by step instructions in the OP manual. Heres a brief rundown. Raise the loader arms and install strut. Remove the seat to get at the linkages and wires. Remove the two bolts at the upper rear of the ROPS. Remove the two bolts at your feet connecting the ROPS. Remove the linkage for the AUX HYDS (if applicable) and swing down out of the way. Disconnect the wiring harness under the seat at 4 places. Disconnect throttle rod. Disconnect the linkages from the steering bars. Disconnect parking brake cables. Disconnect the loader controls at the spool valve. Now you can slide the cab forward. Sounds way more difficult than it is I think. takes me about 10-15 minutes to save alot of hassle squeezing in.

Ed Ke6bnl

Its pretty easy to do. I like to have the access when I change the oil and filters. It says the step by step instructions in the OP manual. Heres a brief rundown. Raise the loader arms and install strut. Remove the seat to get at the linkages and wires. Remove the two bolts at the upper rear of the ROPS. Remove the two bolts at your feet connecting the ROPS. Remove the linkage for the AUX HYDS (if applicable) and swing down out of the way. Disconnect the wiring harness under the seat at 4 places. Disconnect throttle rod. Disconnect the linkages from the steering bars. Disconnect parking brake cables. Disconnect the loader controls at the spool valve. Now you can slide the cab forward. Sounds way more difficult than it is I think. takes me about 10-15 minutes to save alot of hassle squeezing in.
Great info thanks.