SK8 over revving

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Waldo 52

Hi all I have a Toyota SK8 with a J2 motor & when started the motor revs to the governor & I'm wondering if the problem is in the injector pump.

foton

I really have no knowledge of that machine, but from what I know a over reving diesel engine cause could be no oil in the governor. On some small tractors they have a closed oil sump system for the injector pump, so if the injector pump oil goes dry for what ever reason the governor reacts by over reving. I would think toyota would be better engineered than this though. I would check you linkages , maybe a spring is missing?

OP
OP
W

Waldo 52

I really have no knowledge of that machine, but from what I know a over reving diesel engine cause could be no oil in the governor. On some small tractors they have a closed oil sump system for the injector pump, so if the injector pump oil goes dry for what ever reason the governor reacts by over reving. I would think toyota would be better engineered than this though. I would check you linkages , maybe a spring is missing?
Thanks for that. All the linkages are OK so I will look into the oil think