should I set up my machine for material bucket of snow bucket

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

vacuum6

I have just acquired a toyota SDK8 with a snow bucket and a material bucket. The machine is now set up so the snow bucket will lay flat on the ground. The material bucket is about 3-4 inches off the ground when the bucket bottom is parallel to the ground. I would have to grind off the stops on the machine for the bucket arms to come down further so the material bucket lays flat. Is there a solution that I am not seeing? It would seem that I would need to cut off the welds ...and raise/lower that on the bucket so both buckets have the same distance from the attaching point to the ground. thoughts??

TriHonu

Not all buckets are manufactured with the mounting brackets at the same height. The newer machines with the universal quicktach seem to be set at close to the same height.
When you have larger tires or over the tire tracks (OTT) it will raise the loader and the bucket will not set flat on grade. You can buy buckets with the mounts set higher to compensate for the higher ride height.
Having the bucket set flat on grade will make it much easier to cut an accurate grade. If the cutting edge is always tipped down your machine will tend to dive into the cut and continue to cut deeper. You will try to correct by lifting the cutting edge and the result will be a series of speed bumps. Things will get worse as your tires drive over them lift and drop the cutting edge.
If you plan to use the bucket for grading I would cut the mounts and move them up so the bucket will set level on grade.

skidsteer.ca

Not all buckets are manufactured with the mounting brackets at the same height. The newer machines with the universal quicktach seem to be set at close to the same height.
When you have larger tires or over the tire tracks (OTT) it will raise the loader and the bucket will not set flat on grade. You can buy buckets with the mounts set higher to compensate for the higher ride height.
Having the bucket set flat on grade will make it much easier to cut an accurate grade. If the cutting edge is always tipped down your machine will tend to dive into the cut and continue to cut deeper. You will try to correct by lifting the cutting edge and the result will be a series of speed bumps. Things will get worse as your tires drive over them lift and drop the cutting edge.
If you plan to use the bucket for grading I would cut the mounts and move them up so the bucket will set level on grade.
Yes, don't change the machine change the bucket.
Skidsteer.ca