Shock absorbers for hand controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I was looking through a parts breakdown for my 751, the diagram shows shocks (optional). Do these make much of a difference to the handling? I know they *should*l help make the control a bit smoother, but does it make much difference? I have higher priorities that handling though just wondering if its a thing i should add at a later date.

Fishfiles

I will say from finding quite a few machines over the years with the ball joint which holds the steering shocks broken and one shock dangling area in the belly that you can feel a difference with or without a shock , I never knew there were machines that didn't have steering shocks , I would have to say it's a plus

shadesofidaho

I will say from finding quite a few machines over the years with the ball joint which holds the steering shocks broken and one shock dangling area in the belly that you can feel a difference with or without a shock , I never knew there were machines that didn't have steering shocks , I would have to say it's a plus
My 743 did not have them and my 763 does , I know the are different machines but its a big difference.It is way more controlable,and is like a old truck with out power steering and a newer one with.Just my opinion Joe

skidsteer.ca

My 743 did not have them and my 763 does , I know the are different machines but its a big difference.It is way more controlable,and is like a old truck with out power steering and a newer one with.Just my opinion Joe
a 751 was a "cost down" 753 so that part was likely considered optional, you may want them some day but I sure it can be used without too. Shocks just make it harder to move the controls too quickly and help keep you from jumping and bucking around.
They were leaked out on my 853 so I put on new ones at $40 each, controls did not feel much different.
Ken

perry

a 751 was a "cost down" 753 so that part was likely considered optional, you may want them some day but I sure it can be used without too. Shocks just make it harder to move the controls too quickly and help keep you from jumping and bucking around.
They were leaked out on my 853 so I put on new ones at $40 each, controls did not feel much different.
Ken
Ken, my 853 had them and then, didn't have them. When I changed over to foot control the shocks won't go back on??. I noticed they keep you from over correcting when working on a bumpy job.

OP
OP
T

Tazza

Staff member
Ken, my 853 had them and then, didn't have them. When I changed over to foot control the shocks won't go back on??. I noticed they keep you from over correcting when working on a bumpy job.
I think its something to keep in mind when everything else is done. I have a rather long list of parts i already need and i'm sure its gonna be a tad expensive. Its something for me to look at when its all up and running again. I thought it would help make the ride smoother helping prevent it jumping around on rough ground.
Thanks for the input, something for me to think about.