setting security code for s185 and 743 loses priming when sitting

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

hollowleg

I just purchased a s185 with this fancy security feature at a richie brothers auction but don't know how to set it up. No books or manuals came with it. It is not locked right now and am afraid somebody will steal it from the jobsite! Also, I have a 743 that always loses it's priming. I have to squeeze the priming bulb about 6 times then it goes. Now it is getting colder up here and that priming bulb is getting very stiff to squeeze. Quite frustrating! This is the best forum I have seen, thanks everyone.

mrfixitpaul

To set a lock code you need the master password....the dealer can get this for you with your serial number. On the 743....check that the fuel cap is vented, check that the bleeder valve on the injection pump is closed, check for loose fuel line/filter/bleeder.....

mrfixitpaul

To set a lock code you need the master password....the dealer can get this for you with your serial number. On the 743....check that the fuel cap is vented, check that the bleeder valve on the injection pump is closed, check for loose fuel line/filter/bleeder.....
If you have to prime it after it has been running for a while, check the fuel pick up tube in the tank, may be cracked and letting air in.

OP
OP
H

hollowleg

If you have to prime it after it has been running for a while, check the fuel pick up tube in the tank, may be cracked and letting air in.
Thanks. It only happens when it has sat for a day or two. If I've been using the 743 and shut it down, it will start right away.

OldMachinist

Thanks. It only happens when it has sat for a day or two. If I've been using the 743 and shut it down, it will start right away.
Here's how to set the password once you have the owners or master password.
Password1.jpg picture by calfranch

Password2.jpg picture by calfranch