service truck

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Fishfiles

I have been working on putting together a new service truck , right now I have a 2006 Ford 350 super duty with the 5.4 gas engine and a KUV utility bed that gets 8 miles per gallon and is draining me of lunch money , I picked up a pretty clean and fresh 2008 Dodge 4500 6.7 Cummins with 67,000 miles with two year unlimited warranty , which everyone I know says they get around 15 mpg loaded down , I had walked into a Dodge dealership and was going to order a 2011 with a bed on it , they wanted 63,000 , I have about 25,000 into it right now doing all the work myself , I painted a Rawson Koneg 11ft flip top utility body that I had off one of my previous trucks yesterday and hope to be using it by next week but it won't be totally finished for a while , the Dodge was a 14 ft hot shot flat bed truck and the utility box is 11 ft so I cut the flat bed to 3 ft and have a deck between the truck and the bed to mount the air compresor , welder/ generator , torch bottles and hydraulic hose press -----------I am hoping to cut my fuel bill in half as right now I spend as much as 400 a week on fuel ---------------as much as I post on this site I still have not figued how to post pics but would like to post a pic and gets some ideas from you'll on some ideas of setting it up -----------please direct me to a thread link of how to post pics

skidsteer.ca

Fish
From top center, under the "FAQS"
PICTURES - How do I post pictues?
here is the link
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=2445
Also remember when you post a link to hit the space key once after you paste the link, so the link turns blue (meaning its working)
You should also go into your profile here http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=EditUserProfile and put a check in the "use free html editor" box so your paragraph breaks will work.
Ken

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Fish
From top center, under the "FAQS"
PICTURES - How do I post pictues?
here is the link
http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=2445
Also remember when you post a link to hit the space key once after you paste the link, so the link turns blue (meaning its working)
You should also go into your profile here http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=EditUserProfile and put a check in the "use free html editor" box so your paragraph breaks will work.
Ken
Thanks Skid , you know I checked and the editor box is checked , the reason I don't have paragraphs I guess is I am blogging ,and don't do paragraphs , kinda like one continuous thought , is it annoying .............I'm laughing at myself

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

Thanks Skid , you know I checked and the editor box is checked , the reason I don't have paragraphs I guess is I am blogging ,and don't do paragraphs , kinda like one continuous thought , is it annoying .............I'm laughing at myself
....gee, sham ......
....... I took a look at posting pics procedures and I was following it pretty good for about 4 or 5 steps , and then the few beers I had stepped in and shut me down , I think I rather work on a T300 with JSC controlls and an electrical problem ......
..... I am going to try again when the beer wears off ........

StaceyBieber

....gee, sham ......
....... I took a look at posting pics procedures and I was following it pretty good for about 4 or 5 steps , and then the few beers I had stepped in and shut me down , I think I rather work on a T300 with JSC controlls and an electrical problem ......
..... I am going to try again when the beer wears off ........
Im sure Swift has alot of different types of mobile service trucks. Here are 3 that I have managed to catch. Please feel free to add if you have any

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

I am very happy so far with the Dodge Turbo Cummins , I achieved what I was looking to do , cut my fuel bill in almost half , the one ton Ford was getting 8 mpg and the Dodge will do 15.8 on the highway if I keep my foot out of it and 13.5 mpg in the city , with the 52 gallon tank I only need to fuel up once a week now instead of every other day and save about $200 a week on fuel , diesel is $4.05 a gallon right now and $.50 more than gas , it is still under warranty so I don't really want to mess with right now but I have been told and read that with a mass air flow filter , reprogramming chip and DFE elimination it will get another 3-4 mpg --------another big plus is power and speed , with the Ford I need a good size gap in traffic to enter the highway and get up to speed so I didn't have traffic right on my butt while trying to get up to 70mph , this baby flies with the 6 speed automatic

Tazza

Staff member
I am very happy so far with the Dodge Turbo Cummins , I achieved what I was looking to do , cut my fuel bill in almost half , the one ton Ford was getting 8 mpg and the Dodge will do 15.8 on the highway if I keep my foot out of it and 13.5 mpg in the city , with the 52 gallon tank I only need to fuel up once a week now instead of every other day and save about $200 a week on fuel , diesel is $4.05 a gallon right now and $.50 more than gas , it is still under warranty so I don't really want to mess with right now but I have been told and read that with a mass air flow filter , reprogramming chip and DFE elimination it will get another 3-4 mpg --------another big plus is power and speed , with the Ford I need a good size gap in traffic to enter the highway and get up to speed so I didn't have traffic right on my butt while trying to get up to 70mph , this baby flies with the 6 speed automatic
That sure will help.
I have heard good things from new firmware on common rail diesels. My GF's brother and wife have a Hyuandi I20 that they got the chip installed into. They noticed a vast improvement in both power and economy, i don't get why they don't tweak the maps at the factory.....

7LBSSMALLIE

get back t o the shop .heat coffe and a roof good things to have the road is place far less traveled. it will make you an oustanding tech,(out o the pan into the fire) but not easy god bless our young techs who can still do it" cant help with truck bu if you find yourself questioning yourself you can bounce it here, will be glad to help. remer flashing panels pink white controoler to panel . have jumper handy.

OP
OP
F

Fishfiles

get back t o the shop .heat coffe and a roof good things to have the road is place far less traveled. it will make you an oustanding tech,(out o the pan into the fire) but not easy god bless our young techs who can still do it" cant help with truck bu if you find yourself questioning yourself you can bounce it here, will be glad to help. remer flashing panels pink white controoler to panel . have jumper handy.
Tazz , I think it is the excuss of emissions they use which makes them tune it down , less mileage but cleaner air , but the real reason is so that can sell you a bunch of parts and service which you don't really need and is actually making things worst for you ......................
7lbssmallie , what is 7 pounds(lbs) of smallie and where are you from

Tazza

Staff member
Tazz , I think it is the excuss of emissions they use which makes them tune it down , less mileage but cleaner air , but the real reason is so that can sell you a bunch of parts and service which you don't really need and is actually making things worst for you ......................
7lbssmallie , what is 7 pounds(lbs) of smallie and where are you from
That is probably true, that and the fact they can sell you a 'tuned' chip later, i'd never put it past them.

Latest posts