service analyzer

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
I think I saw v80.0 yesterday on bobcatnet. There is new version about every two weeks
Do you need a magic box of voodoo to connect the computer to the machine though? I assume you can't just find the correct pins on the harness to connect to a serial port on the computer?
It's something handy to have, but for the occasional use, it's hardly worth buying the interface box.... Yet, it is tempting.

Bobcatdan

Do you need a magic box of voodoo to connect the computer to the machine though? I assume you can't just find the correct pins on the harness to connect to a serial port on the computer?
It's something handy to have, but for the occasional use, it's hardly worth buying the interface box.... Yet, it is tempting.
The laptop conects to the remote start tool, whick plugs into the 7 pin conector in back above the battery, same place the & pin attachmnet harness plugs into. That plug is a direct shot to the controller, big reason I stress not to rig attachments of the 7 pin. Service anaylyer is used on G series and newer. I think it would be technically illegal for a non bobcat affilated person to have it, but then again, how would you get caught. I think if a person posted the software somewhere, he would face big trouble.

Tazza

Staff member
The laptop conects to the remote start tool, whick plugs into the 7 pin conector in back above the battery, same place the & pin attachmnet harness plugs into. That plug is a direct shot to the controller, big reason I stress not to rig attachments of the 7 pin. Service anaylyer is used on G series and newer. I think it would be technically illegal for a non bobcat affilated person to have it, but then again, how would you get caught. I think if a person posted the software somewhere, he would face big trouble.
I can understand the copyright issues, but yeah, how would they know?
There are times i think it would be handy, but how often do i think i'd need to enable functions like hi flow and bucket positioning? Still, just something nice to have if ever required :)

Bobcatdan

I can understand the copyright issues, but yeah, how would they know?
There are times i think it would be handy, but how often do i think i'd need to enable functions like hi flow and bucket positioning? Still, just something nice to have if ever required :)
I honestly don't use it that much. Mostly for calibrating and programming controllers. Once in a while for monitoring. It is handy when you have a issuse with the 5 volt sensor system, you can go along and unplug each sensor one at a time and watch for changes. One bad sensor can mess up the whole system and a lot of times will not code for that sensor. Analayzer is nice, but for code, BATS is much handyer. Most of time for electrical problems, I swap controllers and see what happens. I can't imagine working on a G series or newer without "test" controllers. After checking fuses, thats the first thing I do.

RonBells

Very interesting, have you tried this in practice? Interestingly, I thought it was possible to make an analysis with third-party software, for example, as a https://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/, because a portable computer also has the same signals as PC.

walio123

Very interesting, have you tried this in practice? Interestingly, I thought it was possible to make an analysis with third-party software, for example, as a https://www.eltima.com/products/serial-port-monitor/, because a portable computer also has the same signals as PC.
It is not difficult to read Bobcat's CanBus data. I managed to do it with arduino and can bus shield. Very cheap and good. It's hard to digest the data. Bobcat uses highly encrypted CanBus, that means that when you submit a single command (for example, a boom with the joystick), the data you get is different each time. Each command that is submitted is encrypted each time differently. I was not able to figure out this code, so it makes no sense to read it alone. That's why these little magic boxes that bobcat do for their dealers, maybe their service analyst's software does this decryption, I'm not sure. In most cases, if you know how it works, you can find fault without this software and box.

Latest posts