scrap metal removal/ land clearing

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

matt00

ok i got new holland skid steer L783 and i am trying to make my life easier. so my question is. Which grapple would work for me when removing junk metals and clearing land ( no really big treees 3-6'' in dia) at the most if that. I currently have a 72'' smooth bucket and i was thinking of a open bucket with the grapple and mabe buy just the claws ffor the smoth bucket? just wondering of the info. thanks oh i will be getting forks 2.

Matt, Yes what you need is a root grapple. It has open tines to let the dirt fall so you dont load dirt with your scrap metal. As far as putting grapples on your bucket, It will not hold up, It will bend your bucket. You can call me @ 866-859-4333 we may have a dealer close to you. Thanks Mike

OP
OP
M

matt00

I'd suggest one of these models.
http://www.skidsteer.ca/2industrialgrapplerake.pdf
http://www.skidsteer.ca/3hdbrushandrockgrapple.pdf
They close up pretty tight allowing you to squeeze most things.
Because the end of the tines are kept close to the loader they have a very high breakout force for stumps.
You can use either the top or lower tines for raking up debris and leveling soil.
Ken
ok mike i will call tomorrow if i have time. As far as the grapple i think the grapple rake will do just as good as the rock. grapple. thanks for the info and suggetions matt

OP
OP
M

matt00

ok mike i will call tomorrow if i have time. As far as the grapple i think the grapple rake will do just as good as the rock. grapple. thanks for the info and suggetions matt
ok i got one more question. How about the ones that have the 2 or 1 clamps style o ther top unlike the jaws style? are they that same (peformance wise)

skidsteer.ca

ok i got one more question. How about the ones that have the 2 or 1 clamps style o ther top unlike the jaws style? are they that same (peformance wise)
The double jaw may allow better clamping of uneven loads like boulders. In my experience holding 2 large rocks at once is tricky at best. I prefer being able to squeeze awide range of sizes. But this depends on your application.
Ken

OP
OP
M

matt00

The double jaw may allow better clamping of uneven loads like boulders. In my experience holding 2 large rocks at once is tricky at best. I prefer being able to squeeze awide range of sizes. But this depends on your application.
Ken
ok i know that the "grapple rakes" have been discussed in earlier post. My thing is that erskine and quick attachments have the exact same attachment just different names. Anywho they are nice but kinda pricey. do anyone know who the company that makes these or someone that does? I have a local fab shop that wont make one and a nother that hasnt called me back? thanks

trputnam

ok i know that the "grapple rakes" have been discussed in earlier post. My thing is that erskine and quick attachments have the exact same attachment just different names. Anywho they are nice but kinda pricey. do anyone know who the company that makes these or someone that does? I have a local fab shop that wont make one and a nother that hasnt called me back? thanks
Matt, Give me a call at 866-428-8224. I'd be happy to help you out and get your questions answered. Just ask for Troy P.

Heater77

Matt, Erskine Attachments and Quick Attach are the exact same company. Erskine Attachments Sell to their dealerships and Quick Attach sells directly to the Public, that is why the attachments appear identical. The Industrial Grapple Rake by Erskine is the Quick Claw by Quick Attach, both these grapples are manufactured in Erskine, Minnesota. They are a bit on the pricey side but they are both manufactured using T-1 steel. Conterra Industries in Alberta makes a full line of Grapples and also is a dealership for Erskine Attachments. If you're looking for an economical Grapple Bucket or Fork, you could call them about their Utility Grapple or the Lowe 72" grapple that they sell. Thomas