SB200 & 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

2005DMAX

I have a question regarding snow blowers. I have a 66" blower on my 2001 753. I bought the blower new and is sized to match the machine with a 5.5 hydraulic motor. The engine never seems to work any harder while taking a full cut of deep snow versus not blowing any snow. Is this normal or is there a bypass somehwere on the blower that is not set properly. If I go too fast into deep snow, the blower will just slow down and quit blowing, but the engine never labors. Thanks

skidsteer.ca

The only way to be sure would be to install a pressure guage in the pressure line from the loader to the blower and see if pressure gets up to near your loaders max or relief pressure setting when the blower is heavily loaded.
What series is the 753?
It also would not hurt is see what your retuen line pressure is at in this case as less is always better on the return line. If you have 3000 psi in the pressure line, that would be good for a 753 G series. Hopefully return pressure is 500 or less. In this example 3000- 500 psi would leave you 2500 psi to do the work.
Has the performance of the blower seemed to have dropped off? Or is it just that you would like it to do more then it it does?
Also a G series 753 pumps 16.9 gpm at 3000 psi so that can only draw @ 28 hp from the engine leaving 18 left over to run the wheels so even if the blower stalls the engine won't, but you should be able to hear it "go to work" when your loading the blower hard.
Ken

OP
OP

2005DMAX

The only way to be sure would be to install a pressure guage in the pressure line from the loader to the blower and see if pressure gets up to near your loaders max or relief pressure setting when the blower is heavily loaded.
What series is the 753?
It also would not hurt is see what your retuen line pressure is at in this case as less is always better on the return line. If you have 3000 psi in the pressure line, that would be good for a 753 G series. Hopefully return pressure is 500 or less. In this example 3000- 500 psi would leave you 2500 psi to do the work.
Has the performance of the blower seemed to have dropped off? Or is it just that you would like it to do more then it it does?
Also a G series 753 pumps 16.9 gpm at 3000 psi so that can only draw @ 28 hp from the engine leaving 18 left over to run the wheels so even if the blower stalls the engine won't, but you should be able to hear it "go to work" when your loading the blower hard.
Ken
Thanks for the reply. Mine is a G series loader. I cannot say that the blower has dropped off, since I just bought the blower this fall. It does blow good, by my terms, but I just think it should be working the engine harder than it does.

The engine does not work any harder during a good hard blow than it does with no snow and just moving air, so to speak.

This has led to the conclusion that there may be a bypass valve on the blower that is set to lightly.

skidsteer.ca

Thanks for the reply. Mine is a G series loader. I cannot say that the blower has dropped off, since I just bought the blower this fall. It does blow good, by my terms, but I just think it should be working the engine harder than it does.

The engine does not work any harder during a good hard blow than it does with no snow and just moving air, so to speak.

This has led to the conclusion that there may be a bypass valve on the blower that is set to lightly.
Well then the only way to see hoe much of the hydraulic power you are using is to install a pressure guage at see how close to 3000 psi you can raise the systems pressure working the blower.
If you get to 3000 then you are get all of it.
Ken

OP
OP

2005DMAX

Well then the only way to see hoe much of the hydraulic power you are using is to install a pressure guage at see how close to 3000 psi you can raise the systems pressure working the blower.
If you get to 3000 then you are get all of it.
Ken
I figured it out. I gave the bypass valve on the blower another turn and it works much better.