S250 Radiator

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

normandie

I need to replace my radiator. Can some please walk me through the process if you can. Or just let me know if it is possible? THanks

Fishfiles

take out the hyd oil cooler with the special tool and the overflow bottle and hose , also the bracket that holds the bottle and two brackets which hold the oil cooler , one is on each side the radiator , there are 4 - 1/2 headed bolts that hold the radiator in , they go in from the bottom facing up , two you can get from the rear door access , the front two you go thru the air louver covers on the side , remove the two radiator hoses which have spring clamps on them , my favorite tool for these clamps are Vise Grip whale jaw pliers , about an hour to get it out

Bobcatdan

take out the hyd oil cooler with the special tool and the overflow bottle and hose , also the bracket that holds the bottle and two brackets which hold the oil cooler , one is on each side the radiator , there are 4 - 1/2 headed bolts that hold the radiator in , they go in from the bottom facing up , two you can get from the rear door access , the front two you go thru the air louver covers on the side , remove the two radiator hoses which have spring clamps on them , my favorite tool for these clamps are Vise Grip whale jaw pliers , about an hour to get it out
Once you have the radiator out, take it to a shop that repairs them, save yourself some money, new ones arn't cheap.

Fishfiles

Once you have the radiator out, take it to a shop that repairs them, save yourself some money, new ones arn't cheap.
I said air louvers which is misleading on some models there are two louvers , some have one air louver and one access plate , the cover closest the rear is the one to access the forward most radiator mounting bolts , on the ones with two louvers , after removing cover , you need to take out the air deflector to get at the bolt

mrdeere1959

I said air louvers which is misleading on some models there are two louvers , some have one air louver and one access plate , the cover closest the rear is the one to access the forward most radiator mounting bolts , on the ones with two louvers , after removing cover , you need to take out the air deflector to get at the bolt
I don't know your ser# so I picked one a new radiator is $ 346.47